Ask questions and learn!

New User Introductions

1235»

Comments

• jpattijpatti Member Posts: 6
    Hi all, new to LeadNav and loving it so far. Use for Mint 400, Baja 1000 and general off-roading around southern Nevada. I find when it works, it's easily the best out there. However I am having some issues around the app crashing, not saving downloaded maps, not deleting downloaded maps, patches of downloaded maps missing, etc.

This is on a brand new iPad, purposely purchased and only used for LeadNav along with the Dual GPS puck. I'm sure part is user error, others might be bugs. So I'm here to track them down and get this thing working flawlessly for chasing and helping in the pits for the Baja 1000 next week!
  • OneFast440OneFast440 Member Posts: 7
    Glad to join the ranks with all of you. Love using LeadNav for all my adventures.
  • TiantornoTiantorno Member Posts: 1
    I’ve heard a lot of good things about leadnav I thought I would give it a try this is my first time with any gps app so fingers crossed.
  • BrianBottsBrianBotts Member Posts: 12
    New here - I have a UTV and want to use Lead Nav for basic way point following using a uploaded GPX file.
  • BrianBottsBrianBotts Member Posts: 12
    jpatti said:

Hi all, new to LeadNav and loving it so far. Use for Mint 400, Baja 1000 and general off-roading around southern Nevada. I find when it works, it's easily the best out there. However I am having some issues around the app crashing, not saving downloaded maps, not deleting downloaded maps, patches of downloaded maps missing, etc.

This is on a brand new iPad, purposely purchased and only used for LeadNav along with the Dual GPS puck. I'm sure part is user error, others might be bugs. So I'm here to track them down and get this thing working flawlessly for chasing and helping in the pits for the Baja 1000 next week!

Hi, Any luck since? Still crashing and loosing map data?
  • WingnutWingnut Member Posts: 1
    Hello Everyone, looking forward to learning this Navigation App...
  • Stranger45Stranger45 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all, I'm here to learn about this app, and see if it will work for me.
  • bartbarnbartbarn Member Posts: 2
    Hello,
    Retired LE and a contract govt instructor for First Responders and SAR groups in Maritime ops and off road operations. Looking at the ways to improve.
  • Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Administrator, Moderator Posts: 768 admin
    bartbarn said:

Hello,
    Retired LE and a contract govt instructor for First Responders and SAR groups in Maritime ops and off road operations. Looking at the ways to improve.

Welcome to LEADNAV

20 years retired from Seal Team 6 leading all mission planning and GPS with tech innovations as Master Sniper for Gold Squadron. Can definitely upgrade your capabilities!

Let me know if you need anything.

Damian
    CEO/Founder
    LEADNAV
  • Roger33Roger33 Member Posts: 1
    New to LeadNav and hoping to learn a thing or two.
  • Race1760Race1760 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for letting me join. Can’t wait to use the system for both desert racing, and 4x4 trails with the family.
  • 1967Baja1967Baja Member Posts: 1
    1967Baja
    I'm Chris Thomas, I am building a Jake's Fabworks 5 Unlimited Car and going to the NORRA 1000
    in a week. I am looking forward to learning what LeadNav can do to help me navigate off road.
    Welcome and be sure to Start with the new LEADNAV Lvl 1 online course under the training tab
  • jrpefxjrpefx Member Posts: 1
    jrpefx here, Hello to Everyone, a newB here, just a Jeeper trying to not get too lost. Thanks for a great program, and keep up the great work. I will check in again.
  • ShengeShenge Member Posts: 2
    Hi. New to the forum. Started using Leadnav in May. What an awesome tool.
  • ArgosyArgosy Member Posts: 2
    New to the forum. Looking to try LeadNav at Baja 1000 this year. I’m a little confused over the Apple ID or account. With the pro pac we can use 5 devices. We will have one dedicated iPad in the race at.The four other devices will be on personal iPhones that are already logged into personal accounts. We are a pretty low budget team so members are using personal equipment and cell plans. Haven’t been able to find any thing in the forum. We haven’t purchased the pro pac yet so please advise if the information is in the setup. Only post I found was conflicting as a team setup with Apple and family share. LeadNav responded that this was not acceptable.
    edited October 2019
    At $250 a year for Pro pack this is priced to allow the average user to save and store map imagery throughout the year on their “own devices” under one iTunes account.

For a race the size of the Baja 1000 you will be going well over that $250 worth of stored map imagery in just that one event alone. Actually going well over the authorized use of our outside mapping providers, before them requiring enterprise rates well above that.

Hence us currently working on adding better monitoring of individual map usage per user so we can better price accordingly as our map providers have greatly increased their prices this year. Hence all other mainstream basic gps apps utilizing them for $20 a year pricing, recently dropping all their high end mapping options.

Once we monitor this better per user, we can charge per use case, but again at $250 for a 1,000 mile amount of imagery you are getting it as cheap as currently possible per iTunes account by our providers.

We primarily do group enterprise licensing for organizations running multiple accounts and devices under contract but these rates are much higher per map use.

And yes that team being able to do that broke apples terms and they identified it afterwards. Subscriptions do not family share under apples guidelines nor ours.

> @Argosy said:
    > New to the forum. Looking to try LeadNav at Baja 1000 this year. I’m a little confused over the Apple ID or account. With the pro pac we can use 5 devices. We will have one dedicated iPad in the race at.The four other devices will be on personal iPhones that are already logged into personal accounts. We are a pretty low budget team so members are using personal equipment and cell plans. Haven’t been able to find any thing in the forum. We haven’t purchased the pro pac yet so please advise if the information is in the setup. Only post I found was conflicting as a team setup with Apple and family share. LeadNav responded that this was not acceptable.
  • ArgosyArgosy Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the information. Working through this best I can. We’ve purchased The app and are working on getting it up and running.
  • LytninbLytninb Member Posts: 2
    Hello! I'm using LeadNav for desert racing and am looking forward to learning how to use it here on the forum.
  • MarkwMarkw Member Posts: 2
    Well I started another Introduce Yourself thread before I found this. I own a 66 Bronco and we race in the NORRA events. Just used the LeadNav for the first time in October and it didn't go well. After reading some here and watching a couple of tutorials I know why. I have much to learn and am really looking forward to doing so. Mark
  • MtnbrewerMtnbrewer Member Posts: 1
    Hi Everyone. Looking forward to getting this up and running on my ipad. New leadnav user and new sxs owner. Still waiting for my garmin glo to arrive to give this a shot.
    > @Mtnbrewer said:
    > Hi Everyone. Looking forward to getting this up and running on my ipad. New leadnav user and new sxs owner. Still waiting for my garmin glo to arrive to give this a shot.

Welcome to the community forum.

Unfortunately the Garmin Glo is not capable with our systems. See our XGPS160 video on our website training page
  • UTSRacingUTSRacing Member Posts: 1
    Hey everyone. Just picked up the pro pack and will be using leadnav for the first time at the Ultra4 race at BFE in Sept. I am switching from the popular fish finder. Still trying to figure everything out. Been watching a bunch of the videos and know enough to confuse myself even more. Hopefully it will become easier as I go.
  • SimiphippsSimiphipps Member Posts: 2
    New members here and looking forward to having Leadnav improve our "boondockability".