Ask questions and learn!

Can I do Offline Maps?

Where we go in parks, there is no cellular signal and the app doesn't download the data and just has white blocks around the area. I assume there is some way to download that map data ahead of time while I'm home on wifi? Thanks in advance for the guidance!

Best Answer

Answers

• Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Administrator, Moderator Posts: 766 admin
    Watch our LEADLvl 1 online course videos on our training page and our faq page.

Utilizing maps offline involves prepping and saving the area you are going to using our subscriptions to those map providers allowing you to do so.

If you don’t save them then they will not be there as they are loaded from the internet until stored.

This is basic functionality and you will benefit greatly by watching those lessons.
  • jgrubermanjgruberman Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2020

Watch our LEADLvl 1 online course videos on our training page and our faq page.

Utilizing maps offline involves prepping and saving the area you are going to using our subscriptions to those map providers allowing you to do so.

If you don’t save them then they will not be there as they are loaded from the internet until stored.

This is basic functionality and you will benefit greatly by watching those lessons.

So to make sure I am following - it seems like I need to purchase at minimum, the Advanced Pack... which should enable me to save mapping to the device so it will still work when I am out of coverage?
    Post edited by jgruberman on