Ask questions and learn!

Downloading tiles along a route

I am downloading the tiles along a route and at a random location the download wonders off the route and continues to an unknown location. The remaining area of my route is not downloaded.

Using-
Iphone X, updated app, mapbox satellite w/ leadnav-world-map overlay

Purchased-
Pro Pack sub
Advanced pub
Map sub

Comments

• Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Administrator, Moderator Posts: 762 admin
    Sounds like an issue with your Route file. Or a possible misunderstanding in the feature as you mention "w/ leadnav-world-map"? This should not be used, turned on or in this scenario?

To be sure have you looked through the "save along Route" tutorial?

Second step would be to take a look at this Route file or Track (assuming you are using a Route file)
    Attach or send a screen shot video
  • Nate007Nate007 Member Posts: 4
    Is there a data size limit to save along a route feature? I changed the distance from 1km to 250m and left the zoom on 18 and it worked.

When would be a good time to use LeadNav world map? I thought this setting was on by default. Should I keep it off?

On our last ride I couldn’t figure out how to turn up the volume on the voice prompts. I later tried changing the “setting” in “maps” to the “navigation voice volume to high”. Is this the correct way to raise the volume?

Stoked on this app!!! Great work!!
    Yes 1km is a little greedy for something this long.
    Correct way to raise volume is by turning up your iPad or phone... same as you would to hear music
    Never use LEADNAV world map. It will disrupt all other mapping. It is only intended as an example overlay and if you happen to be adrift at sea or crash landed in an aircraft and need to know where you are on a global scale
    Also unless you took a class and/or figured how to add a custom map type... there is no reason to try and save MapBox Satellite below 16 zoom in Baja as 17 and 18 will be black/blank. Mapbox is only good to 16 zoom as this is not a high traffic area
    All great info and one last question reguarding the voice prompts. I tried to turn the volume up on the iPhone and the music playing is too loud compaired to the voice prompts. I am assuming your response might be to stop listening to music while off-roading!!!

We off-road in mostly desert enviorments. Central CA down to Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and Utah. What would be your choice in a map to download?
    If its currently in a Stephen Hawking robot voice... then this is an issue that recently came from an iOS update and flipping Siri on. Seems they did something on there end that breaks our female voice we have had going since 2014. We are looking into this currently and waiting to see if Apple resolves this as a number of voice apps are reporting it as well.

MapBox Satellite or search the forum for the Google Hybrid link to copy and past in your Custom map types
    👍🏻Thanks!!!