Ask questions and learn!

what to purchase for racing and 4 wheeling

hi there, i would like to ask what it is exactly that i need to purchase for racing (prepping for the 2017 season-it will be our first year racing), plus 4 wheeling and street use. any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 661Administrator, Moderator admin
    erik said:

hi there, i would like to ask what it is exactly that i need to purchase for racing (prepping for the 2017 season-it will be our first year racing), plus 4 wheeling and street use. any help is appreciated.

Glad to help. What vehicle is this going in? Primarily what size diameter is the cage where you want to mount it determines bracket size and how far off that cage you need it determines arm length.

iPad Air 2 at the specs of the one on our store is what you will want

1 of the 2 hardware bundles for the Air 2

And highly recommend a Bluetooth puck and LN-X6 available on our store as well

That about wraps it up! If you want you can post us some pics of the interior but I guarantee it will probably be bundle SKU: LN-MP-AIR2-LC-M that you need unless it's a big Trophy truck then you will want longer arm or a small car than you might need the smaller cage bracket.
  • erikerik Posts: 3Member
    the vehicle is a 2013 jeep jk and the roll cage tubes are 2". cage will be installed next month.
    Then as long as you have about a 1/2" of clearance between the cage and the body you can use

SKU: LN-MP-AIR2-LC-L

or

SKU: LN-MP-AIR2-LC-M

depending on the arm length you want.

If there is no clearance between cage and body then we do have a pipe clamp bracket but its not as solid.. Casey Currie used this in his Stock Jeep.

We will be adding these to the store as well as some more components next week.
  • erikerik Posts: 3Member
    thanks for the help so far. ill reach out again after the cage is installed.
  • wagonrdwagonrd Posts: 3Member
    This question may be in the wrong place, but it's a hardware issue for me. That is: I have a 7th generation ipad which has the 16 point "lightning" contact. I'm struggling with what macbook to buy that will be cord connect compatible with the ipad, and also that will allow download software trip planning. It's a $1K plus investment and I dare not take the leap till I understand the compatibility issues.
    wagonrd said:

This question may be in the wrong place, but it's a hardware issue for me. That is: I have a 7th generation ipad which has the 16 point "lightning" contact. I'm struggling with what macbook to buy that will be cord connect compatible with the ipad, and also that will allow download software trip planning. It's a $1K plus investment and I dare not take the leap till I understand the compatibility issues.

Apple has plenty of adapters and cables to go between any Mac and iPad/iPhone.