Ask questions and learn!

How do I sort my Collections

I create a new Collection for every trip we take.

Now I have a few years of Collections and no good way to browse through them. They don't appear to be sorted by date or alphabetically in the Collections view. Is there any way I can sort these?

Thanks,
Dave

Comments

• dedmistondedmiston Member Posts: 10
    Should I assume that this forum isn't monitored anymore?
  • Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Administrator, Moderator Posts: 768 admin
    edited May 12
    Sorry, been a crazy year and I am the only person running this company so I get pretty tied up and a forum is only as good as the community that uses it...hence us on the fence about removing this one.

Thank you for using it though.

We do not suggest organizing or storing Collections in LEADNAV...as this is a bad habit to get into especially if something happens to your device or application.

We backup, organize and store all of our Collections either on the "File" app (which is now our primary means with its Cloud storage and accessibility from any of our devices/team), DropBox and/or a hard drive/computer.

This is the same means we would and do use for any GPS unit.

The only Collection we jam onto the app is the one for the next trip we are going on.

On these storage options like the File app, we break these Collections up by area, state, hobby, operation, etc.
  • dedmistondedmiston Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for the response. I definitely do back them up, but I also store them on the iPad in LEADNAV for quick reference. It would be great if these were indexed and sorted somehow, either by name or date.
  • Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Administrator, Moderator Posts: 768 admin
    edited June 14
    As mentioned, it is best to index them however you like outside of LEADNAV on either the Files app or the DropBox app which lets you do this by folders and offers cloud backup and distribution to all of your devices.

This allows you to sort and import whatever you need into LEADNAV when you are ready for that trip. This is a fluid integration between LEADNAV and the apps designed to do this for you and the same method we use for all GPS units to include Garmin and Lowrance. These GPX files work for all and organized the same way within these outside applications.

I cannot express how important it is to do this and NOT to fill LEADNAV with multiple trips. Specifically with any background stored map imagery. As this will confuse the application with multiple areas prepped and saved. We see this problem a lot as folks continue to pile up trips and saved out map imagery. This causing lag and crashes.

By law...we are supposed to only allow you to store background map imagery for up to 30 days. This is through our outside map providers. So this must be deleted anyway before your next trip.

This is easy enough to do and to bring in the GPS Collection you need from Files or DropBox, then save out the map imagery you need around that area with the Pro pack subscription.