Ask questions and learn!

iPad Pro 11" Case selection

Have been using the iPad Air 2 since it came out and it just keeps getting slower and slower (on everything) and so I updated to the new iPad Pro 11". Works beautifully, but it's like handling a greased naked baby without a case.

Surprised to find that Lifeproof isn't making anything anymore that fits it, and honestly I was never super pleased with Lifeproof anyway. Always seemed to leak a bit of dust and needed attention. I tended toward the full coverage one instead of the Nuud and went with the Fre, which worked the best IMO.

Had OK luck with Juggernaut for an iPad Mini 4, but it too had other challenges, namely Verizon variant availability.

Is anyone having good luck with a Catalyst or Armor X case for the iPad? The Catalyst doesn't have a case for the new version available yet, but I'm willing to wait if someone has had good luck with them in the past.

If not, what brands are you having success with? Primarily west coast desert racing use. Lots of dust, not so much on water. Should survive a rainstorm though.

Comments

• Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Administrator, Moderator Posts: 736 admin
    edited August 27
    While the Pro’s are great...they are leaning towards being better as an at home planning station/computer replacement with the keyboard and mouse. Also decked out they are a little overkill to beat up in an Offroad environment at around $2k... hence no one, including us, focusing on ruggedized cases for it that would interfere with that beautiful keyboard docking.

If you see our store you get a good idea of what we recommend and focus on which is the iPad Air 3 which is perfect performance wise and price point at $900 to beat around.

This is what we build the new EXO case and cradle for and what all other companies like lifeproof assume you would be taking out and about.

You are not going to find a great option for the new pros unfortunately.