Ask questions and learn!

ESRI World Imagery Map - Wont Zoom

Hi, I am very new and have the pro version, which is probably way more then I need, but I got it non the less. I live in Ciudad Del Carmen, Campeche, MX and Im trying to download the ESRI World Imagery Satelite maps. It seems to work just fine, and their images are current and up to date (Unlike Bing and MapBox). However, when I go to zone in, I get about half way and then the images disappear and it says Map data not yet available? How can that be? I went to the ESRI web site, and I can easily zoom all the way down to amazing detail. Please let me know what Im doing wrong. Thank you!

Comments

• Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Administrator, Moderator Posts: 760 admin
    Advanced is more for folks walking around on foot and Pro is generally for those traveling larger areas in a vehicle. So if that is what you are doing you have the right subscription.

The coverage by these providers depends on the area of the world and the available zoom level. For instance Mapbox only had down to 16 zoom in Baja. ESRI may be the same in your area. What ESRI makes available for offline use through our in app uses, may be different than that of what they highlight on their website viewer.

However, we are in the process of transitioning from MapBox to ESRI and once that is complete you may see better mapping offered as we negotiate those subscriptions and integrate further.

In the past, for folks in places like Baja, they have plugged in this as a Custom Map URL to use.

Copy and paste this into the Custom Map type in LEADMAV > Settings > Maps > Custom Map type and Name it GH or whatever you like

http://mt1.google.com/vt/lyrs=y&[email protected]&[email protected]&[email protected]
  • jphalanjphalan Member Posts: 3
    Thank you so much! That did the trick! Ill be watching out as you make your updates. We do a lot of boating and offloading, and this app is great. Cheers.
  • Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Administrator, Moderator Posts: 760 admin
    As someone who has been getting into boating and offshore fishing myself recently...stay tuned as I literally just submitted a developer integration request out to Navionics... too early to tell but with hopes of integrating some charts into LEADNAV

We will see
  • jphalanjphalan Member Posts: 3
    Nice...If you need someone to do some testing, let me know! ha.