Ask questions and learn!

Glare issues

I'm having a very hard time seeing the screen out in the desert, even with your anti-glare film. It's hard to see in daylight even with my full roof, I'm on the brightest setting. Get a little dust on it and it becomes even worse. Am I missing a contrast setting or resolution or??? Looking for suggestions.
Thanks

Comments

• Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 665Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited December 3
    We run in a few hundred race vehicles currently and while the high definition screen is generally harder to see than the older GPS displays, we typically compensate this with the higher capability in audio navigation and antiglare screen films. You can also mount the unit above as a visor like we do in a few more open Ultra 4 vehicles. However I personally just got done prerunning the Baja 1000 in a Can Am with it mounted right in the open on the dash in full sun.

Running with the PreRunner bar slider out locks the display and allows you to wipe to remove dust.

If this is too much of an issue for you with antiglare and placement while running audio navigation you just need to decide on the lower grade standard GPS units versus the additional LEADNAV capabilities and benefits. Or mingle the two, but plenty of folks running these systems in full sun come race day.

• Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 665Administrator, Moderator admin