Ask questions and learn!

grey screen even with wifi

I have 34 maps downloaded and have been using them fine. Now all of a sudden I only have a grey screen regardless if I'm on wifi or offline use. What happened?

Comments

• rickcapcabrickcapcab Member Posts: 6
    Fixed. Needed version update
  • bn10tionalbn10tional Member Posts: 5
    I believe I have the latest version but when I renewed my Adv Sub I now have gray screen. I keep trying but cannot get map back closer than 50 miles. Help?
  • Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Administrator, Moderator Posts: 736 admin
    > @bn10tional said:
    > I believe I have the latest version but when I renewed my Adv Sub I now have gray screen. I keep trying but cannot get map back closer than 50 miles. Help?

Sounds like you didn’t save and prep your map imagery in your area.

Watch our LEADNAV Lvl 1 online course videos specifically on map imagery
    My maps are saved but here at home I should see a map when I open the app while on wi-fi.
    If maps are not displaying there are only one of a few things happening...

1) you do not have a data (WiFi or cellular) connection

2) you did not prep and save the area down to the zoom you are trying to view when off the grid without WiFi or cellular

3) you are trying to use a custom map type that is invalid

4) the area you are viewing does not have imagery below a certain zoom (example Baja in mapbox satellite is spotty and only good to 16 zoom)
    5) you have “None” selected as your map type...
    You are so helpful. Thank you. But ... I’m at home. Wi-fi is strong and working. I have over 1,400 areas saved in my Mapbox Satelite but I should not need them while on wi-fi but they aren’t working either. All of my routes are on my phone as well. I’m tempted to delete my iPad app and reinstall but I don’t want to lose my downloaded maps and I’m pretty sure I would. I have the latest version on my iPad. I’ve tried a hard restart and anything else I’ve read that might work. I know there’s a trick to fix it. I just can’t figure it out yet. When I open the app, my neighborhood should show. It doesn’t.
    I just bit the bullet and deleted the app. Yup. My maps are gone but it is working correctly once again. Oh well. Thank you again for sharing your knowledge!
    Thank you again! All of this info is extremely helpful ... and so noted for sure!