Ask questions and learn!

Gpx import

I am experiencing difficulties importing gpx files from drop box on my iPad. I can import it on my phone but the leadnav icon never shows up when I try the same process on my iPad Has something changed

Comments

• Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 651Administrator, Moderator admin
    This is a current iOS13 bug and effecting every GPS app out there. It’s only allowing GPS import to the last gpx accepting app installed and conflicting with other gpx accepting apps.

Until Apple hopefully fixes this you need to delete the other apps showing as an option and reinstall LEADNAV or connect to a computer and drag the file in through iTunes.

Apologies but hopefully Apple takes action on this soon
  • Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 651Administrator, Moderator admin
    Note: You can also .zip the .gpx and import into LEADNAV.

The issue is that Apple is no longer recognizing the .gpx as a universal file type anymore in iOS13. (We are currently arguing this) So whenever another app uses .gpx input and designates it "as their own"... there is no enforcement by Apple to code this the right way as being universal and stopping them from saying "it is ours". So the last App you install using .gpx takes over the format.

This is why you can delete them and install LEADNAV as the last app and it will then sometimes work or you can compress it as .zip is recognized by Apple.

Again we know this is a pain and it is a top priority as we push this to Apple.