Ask questions and learn!

Disappointing app, crashing, paid subs are inactive. Any advice is appreciated.

I am a new leadnav user and was excited by the potential of this software. Unfortunately I have been experiencing instability issues. The app crashes immediately upon opening (both iPhone and iPad) when WiFi is enabled. I am using the latest versions of iOS 12.4.1 and leadnav app 5.14 (16). Without the ability to load maps via WiFi then this app is of no use to me. Additionally my advanced subscription has not been enabled although the prompt after scanning the qr code says it’s already linked / active. Again crashing after scanning the code. The workaround is to disable WiFi load the app then re-enable WiFi, but this is very hacky and ridiculous for a premium paid app with paid subs to boot. My subscription is inactive in app, but without the ability to open with WiFi how can the app initialize / activate these additional features?

Comments

• Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Administrator, Moderator Posts: 736 admin
    As per the description of the app subscriptions in our store, these are not yet ready for purchase as we are currently wrapping up the ability to control sale and distribution outside of the Apple App Store.

We are waiting for Apple to approve this release.

Until then all in app subscriptions must be still made through Apple in the app itself.

On the crashing can you please provide more details on this?
    What version iPad and iPhone? Also are you actually connected to a WiFi or is WiFi just on?
    On the crash issue I believe we pin pointed a few rare instances of this on past weeks update and fixed them on the server. Please confirm if you are still experiencing this.
  • JustinHerterJustinHerter Member Posts: 3
    I understand that your tech may not support these purchase options yet but it seems that if something was not ready, you may want to simply disable it for the time being? I wanted to utilize your offer of 15% off my next purchase offer and there currently is no way to do that via your in app purchase process so that is why I purchased through your website. I have since been refunded and re purchased in app for the full price, which is not the end of the world but again disappointing. The simple lack of cohesion makes your UX less than desirable.

Yes I was actually connected to a wireless network when the crashing happened and it was certainly not isolated or a rare instance. In fact I was using two very popular devices, tried many times, different ways, all on a high speed network. The issue now seems to be resolved with your latest server update.

iPad 4 mini
    iPhone XS Max

My intention is not to demean your software, I want to use it, so please don’t take any of this the wrong way. I am simply communicating my experience thus far, with the hope that knowledge can be gained and improvements made.

Thanks again,
    Justin
    We are currently going through great lengths and development far outside the typical app development and Apple process. We have been working on this distribution of the app itself for over a year while walking the line with what’s acceptable by Apple for distribution as they currently take 30% of every thing sold. In fact I personally pay the full $250 a year for pro pack and I built the company.

Therefore what we’re trying to do is unheard of in the app world and far beyond your typical applications.

As per description in the app product in the store, we are currently testing this process. While testing the product purchasing of the item itself this past week, we needed the item to be available for purchase as we test it and hook it into our server.

Apologies but we tried to make the description and this fact as large as possible to point this out in the description while we spent a few hours testing. When you bought it anyway, it jammed up the server that we are developing for you, causing crash issues as your app was trying to verify something that was not yet available.

You will have to wait for official release to use this and any discounts we make available for future purchases.
  • JustinHerterJustinHerter Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for that,

I am a software engineer myself and understand the nuances of iOS development. I too have battled with apple and their processes so I feel your pain. There are however some creative solutions to the very problem you are trying to solve. I would be glad to jump on a call / #slack if you are interested. I have about 20 years experience in the field and it seems we share a common interest. Let me know.