Ask questions and learn!

Troubleshooting missing markers

Em445Em445 Member Posts: 4
I am driving a GPS navigation rally in Africa and am running tests in the format we will be receiving our daily checkpoints (CP - markers). I ran a test to import 3 individual .gpx files for markers and repeatedly only 2 are visible. Our tech support is also having the same problem. Any ideas? Lastly, I had to open each CP individually and select which collection to add them to. We receive over 30 points at a time, and there is a lot of room for error. Is there an easier step? THANKS!

Comments

• Em445Em445 Member Posts: 4
    I was able to string the individual files together via GPSBabel and import as one file and it worked. However, still want to know if there is an easy solution within LeadNav without a third party app.
  • Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Administrator, Moderator Posts: 736 admin
    We have races worldwide building GPX Files (single file) for races such as the Baja 1000 with a single route, all chase routes and a few thousand Markers that all get imported into a single Collection.

If I had to guess the way that race is putting out their gpx file is a little bit of a mess...

In 2014-2015 we had that issue as they were all used to slapping lines together into a file for the Lowrance... but all have come around to improving the files that they put together for these events.

If they are not providing a clean gps file then unfortunately the race prep of the file will have to be done by you.

We do offer direct support for events under contract but our time is in extremely high demand.

I did put out a video lesson on fixing a Sloppy gps file a few weeks ago that may help.

Thank you for your answer. I am very familiar with many other races. This is a different format from events such as the 1000, etc. and their files, chase routes, etc. This is a GPS navigation rally. We have gone over your videos. Not stoked there is an assumption of a "sloppy race." We have just found that there are some limitations within the LeadNav collections, importing, etc. and of course the importing options that are just endemic to Apple. Will find other solutions.
    Also, as a reminder, the issue was that with only a test of 3 individual markers dropped into a LeadNav collection, 1 repeatedly didn't show up. So it seemed like a bug on the LeadNav side that you might want to look into.
  • Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Administrator, Moderator Posts: 736 admin
    No current issues with gpx import/export so would have to see the file to see what is going on with it to cause these issues. Gpx is universal and we handle this the same as any standard gps would with import/export features built into LEADNAV PRO pack to handle a number of ways to build and share.

As far as import you can also take a look at the file on any computer to confirm then direct drag n drop those into LeadNav (and out of LEADNAV) through the documents folder in iTunes.

That same gps file can be converted and confirmed in something like google earth as well.

If those points are not importing then something is corrupt with the original file and would need to see it to for sure tell you what’s going on.