Ask questions and learn!

Why does the map not automatically scroll as I move along a route?

Why does the map not automatically scroll as I move along the route?

Answers

• bencalderbencalder Posts: 107Guest ✭✭
    Have you tried tapping the My Location (crosshair) button in the upper right?

What type of device are you using?
  • KrouseKrouse Posts: 3Member
    yes that works but it is a bit difficult on the iPhone 6s while on the motorcycle. I also us the app on an iPad pro and it does the same. i can out drive the screen and then have to hit the crosshair button.
  • bencalderbencalder Posts: 107Guest ✭✭
    As soon as you tap the My Location button the map will stay centered on your position unless you tap/move the screen.

Is your iPad Pro a cellular model?
  • KrouseKrouse Posts: 3Member
    yes it is. i will give that a try.
    thanks
  • dedmistondedmiston Posts: 5Member
    Sorry to bump such an old thread. I seem to be having the same problem and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I'm tapping the crosshairs icon in the top right of the screen, and it will momentarily center the page on my location, but then the recorded track continues off the page without me.

Also, the MPH in the top left of the screen says 0.0 mph all the time.

I'm using a newly purchased iPad 9.7 Wifi and a Dual Electronics XGPS160 puck.
  • Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 661Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hmmm seems like your not Bluetooth'd to the GPS antenna. Is there a "Dual" logo bottom left in LEADNAV?

If you are synced to the puck and there is not a Dual logo or it is not working then it sounds like you may need to do an update on your XGPS160. Firmware can be updated through their Dual Skypro Status tool app and should be done regularly as iOS updates come along.

Be sure to follow their update popups. Once updated "forget" the puck from the bluetooth menu in Settings then resent for the first time after restarting the puck.

Also be sure you are getting a solid blue connect light on puck and a solid green GPS lock light. They should stop flashing when connected and locked on satellites.

Then reboot LEADNAV to see if you get a Dual and the problem goes away.

We typically advise getting a cellular capable iPad for the extra $100 for its ability to run and test without a XGPS160, but if you follow some troubleshooting above it will work fine
    Thanks. I'll update the firmware after work tonight. Isn't the BT connection all-or-nothing though? LeadNav drew the line for the track, but it didn't register the MPH.

I'll try the firmware and test it tonight. Thanks!
  • Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 661Administrator, Moderator admin
    Also try a iPad reboot... this is not typical so I would say there is a hardware/outside software issue
    The firmware and a cold boot on the XGPS160 did the trick. Thanks.