Ask questions and learn!

iPad Pro 10.5?

Do you have plans for an LN-EXO case to fit the new 10.5" iPad Pro?
I've been considering whether to go with a "cheap" 9.7 air or air2, or to plan to use the iPad for more than just navigation and get the latest-greatest. I'm leaning towards the latter for all the better iPad features along with the brightest-yet screen. I'm just wondering how long I might have to wait to get the best mount.

I'm also wondering what sort of water resistance your EXO cases give. I'm an east coast racer and we get a lot of wet. Splashproof doesn't really cut it. I wouldn't say it needs to be power washer or dishwasher safe, but it needs to be garden hose safe. Will the EXO cut it for that or do I need LifeProof in a RAM mount of some sort?

Comments

• Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 660Administrator, Moderator admin
    We are currently in a major shift between the Pro 9.7 to the 10.5.

Our next bulk group orders of EXO's are being designed for the 10.5 but your looking at another couple months till released.

Were also waiting for the LifeProof Nuud 10.5 cases to be released and that is still TBD

No case out there is waterproof...just like no watch even a dive watch is not water proof...

Exo's are splash and water resistant. You could dunk them briefly.

LifeProof Cases say they are waterproof...but they are water resistant and you could definitely dive them.... "with proper prep work" just like our EXO.

This means some dive grease and silicon bead here and there prior to heavy water use.

Also going "cheap" with LEADNAV is not recommended and going to just lead to you having an iPad that will phase out or not be compatible as long.....

Typical life of the latest n greatest iPad is 4 years. The Air 2's are already phasing out and having trouble keeping up with Apples operating system and our capabilities.
  • LastMinuteMSLastMinuteMS Posts: 4Member
    Thanks for the info - glad to hear on the 10.5 product development.
    I'll keep an eye out for news on that, and that's almost certainly the direction I'll go.

I do expect we'll see very good useful lifespan out of any of the iPad Pros considering the horsepower they bring in comparison to the base model iPads still being sold, but that's a very good point on the base model hardware.
    Yes definitely.

The 4 year life was historically with the standard iPads. These Pro's are just so powerful now that they will run strong for a lot longer