Ask questions and learn!

Hardware Questions

Do you supply a cable to get audio output to the from the ipad connector (without having an additional 3.5mm cable)?

What is the most "compact" way to mount to the dashboard using a standard AMPS pattern? Can the RAM mounts be used without any arm at all?

Are there any other cases/mounts that are capable of withstanding abuse (like RAM GDS mounts, etc.)?

Thanks!

Comments

• KenyonKenyon Posts: 3Member
    I forgot to mention this is for an Ipad mini.

Also, how much memory is suggested for desert racing applications?
  • Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 665Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited May 2016
    Will try to go through and answer these..

Audio can be run via cable directly from iPad but seeing that the world is going Bluetooth and getting rid of their future audio ports.. I would lean towards the new PCI radios that have recently been introduced. Allowing you to sync directly to the device.

Otherwise we run all sorts of cable combo's, Bluetooth helmet devices..etc.. it depends on what your doing and how each vehicle is set up but yes hardline is 3.5. How you get LeadNav to your ears is up to you as there are dozens of options depending on your setup.

-----------

What we have on our store is what we recommend for Hardware Combos. These have been built off of heavy testing and what we recommend. Arm allows you to position the device wherever you want and most importantly you can take the iPad out of the vehicle where it will be doing most of its work if used correctly.

You can bolt the Cradle straight to the dash. This has been done before.

We are about to kick off some new dash mount options with higher end cases very soon.

-------------

We use the hardware that works. So the cases and hardware on our store is whats left after years of heavy testing and abuse. We have a very large pile of cases and hardware that did not fit the bill.

-------------

iPad mini 4 Bundles will be in stock by the end of this Month. We recommend Air 2 or mini 4's Cell+wifi model (No cell plan needed) 64 gigs minimum with Apple Care. Plenty written throughout our online store and forum on this topic and why these min requirements.

-------------

We used to use LifeProof Cradles but they are being discontinued and did not secure the iPad as well as what we currently sell on the store.

www.leadnavhardwaresupply.com
  • wagonrdwagonrd Posts: 7Member
    I have the Vector Offroad Mount bar ($190) on the dash of my 2018 Willys Jeep. It's a 1 inch bar that stretches across the top of the entire dash. The RAM mount grip for my ipad is to thick to insert under the bar, so I must grip the bar with the grip arm extending straight up. This puts the grip, the extender arm, and the ipad high up and obstructing my view. There is no solution other than a do it yourself grip mount tha will lie flat on the dash.
  • Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 665Administrator, Moderator admin
    wagonrd said:

I have the Vector Offroad Mount bar ($190) on the dash of my 2018 Willys Jeep. It's a 1 inch bar that stretches across the top of the entire dash. The RAM mount grip for my ipad is to thick to insert under the bar, so I must grip the bar with the grip arm extending straight up. This puts the grip, the extender arm, and the ipad high up and obstructing my view. There is no solution other than a do it yourself grip mount tha will lie flat on the dash.

Not sure about your exact setup but RAM makes plenty of options. Something we use in tight spaces is this.

https://leadnavsupply.com/collections/tablet-brackets/products/ram-1-5-ball-cage-mount