Ask questions and learn!

iPad Mini 1

I want to try Lead Nav out in a chase truck for NORRA. Will my WIFI Mini 1 work? I saw the 2 is better for keeping up but the chase will be going at a slower speed. Thanks

Comments

• Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Administrator, Moderator Posts: 739 admin
    I know of people who run LeadNav and report loving it recreationally on their mini 1....

But

Even the iPad mini 2 will struggle to load n run such a large event like the NORRA. It is possible it will just be slow and jump around a bit when moving around the map. This being said I don't think the iPad mini 1 would stand a chance seeing that it's half the power and speed of the mini 2. You can expect crashes.

LeadNav maximizes the current power of the iPad and currently the iPad Air 2 and mini 4 don't skip a beat when running the largest events because they are twice the speed of the air 1 and mini 2. Also we can only cater so far back with the coding.

Apple finally caught up to the capabilities of LeadNav with their Air 2 and mini 4. We feel these will be a solid platform for a few more years. Note though..Apple just released this week that the expected phase replacement of their iPads and iPhones to be 3 years... Which we see as being true with the evolving operating system and new technology.

iPad mini 1 is now at 5 year mark.

That being said I'm talking about routes that are ten times longer with more points than even the "fastest" Lowrance could ever dream of loading even if we chopped it up 10 times...the slowest iPad is still faster than the fastest GPS..so give it a shot!
  • DrivenDriven Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the help. Since I am a Droid guy I am using a borrowed one as I don't normally Drink the "Apple Juice"