Ask questions and learn!

Voice Prompt Menu Bar

The menu bar to disable auto voice prompts is missing. How do I disable or adjust voice prompts? (turn warning, waypoint prox. and distance update)

Comments

• Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 618Administrator, Moderator admin
    We just pushed an update that refines the description in Voice Prompts settings. Adjusting voice prompts manually was a legacy feature that is not recommended or needed after our auto settings based off of current speed.

You will always get an audible Waypoint Warning approx 15 seconds out and a Now Warning approx 4-5 seconds out based off of current speed.

Adjusting this throws everything out of whack when changing speeds... Auto is the best way to make it work well across the board and was a ground breaking introduction when developed.

With the latest update we pushed an hour ago...it will describe this better.
  • jwagjwag Posts: 9Member
    I would like to be able to turn them off individually. I understand the need for them to be automated based upon speed. I want to be able to choose how much verbal feedback we are getting.
  • Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 618Administrator, Moderator admin
    Understandably and you can still do this for general alerts.

Status update interval is still able to be adjusted. This gives you total distance and time to target at the frequency you want.

The only thing automated are the Waypoint Warnings you place in a Route. And as alerts these are given just prior to the Turn or warning and at the Waypoint itself.

Open Terrain Guidance interval sets the same when doing single Marker navigation in open terrain
  • alexralexr Posts: 20Member ✭✭
    Hi guys, when using this route guidance, we have a situation when we are walking or stopped on the track of getting a distance to Next waypoint each time we move a few meters, e.g. Having morning tea.
  • bencalderbencalder Posts: 107Guest ✭✭
    alexr said:

Hi guys, when using this route guidance, we have a situation when we are walking or stopped on the track of getting a distance to Next waypoint each time we move a few meters, e.g. Having morning tea.

Have you tried tapping the pause button or just ending route guidance until you continue moving again?