Ask questions and learn!

importing ZIP file into PRO LEAD NAV collection

NEWBIE question and yes I have watched the training videos and searched around through here.....

I have received a ZIP file of collection for GLAMIS, seems like I should be able to just open maps or start a new collections and import collection and save...What am i missing and how do I do it?

Comments

• Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 618Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited July 31
    A zip file is just a compressed file of any type so we need to know what type of file is in the "box".

LEADNAV will accept GPX files same as Garmin, Lowrance. Lowrance also handles USR. Google Earth handles KML's and usually when they are zipped they are KMZ's.

So when you unzip the ZIP...what file type is it?

If not GPX then you need to convert it and you can see our Lessons section "Converting GPS filetypes"
    edited July 31
    Also do not confuse "Maps" with GPS files. LEADNAV and all GPS units work with GPS files. "Maps" are background map imagery which is saved out separately using the LEADNAV in app subscriptions. If it is a paper style map as long as it was built as a newer MBTile format it can be used in the Pro Pack Subscription as well, in the background of your GPS files.
  • KurtmcmichaelKurtmcmichael Posts: 3Member
    Thank you for the quick reply, when unzipped it is a GPX file (5.3 GIG)
    Wow that is a gigantic GPX file...!?
  • KurtmcmichaelKurtmcmichael Posts: 3Member
    I’ll recheck when I’m at work tomorrow, it’s all of glamis with routes and points of interest