Ask questions and learn!

waypoints

Hello is there a way to just add waypoints coordinates in the app. This way you can look them up at a later time. Thank you

Comments

• Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid admin Posts: 636Administrator, Moderator admin
    Yes. Take a look at the Quick Guide on the Marker page. Just drop a new marker and tap it's coordinates to change them.

Or if your talking about dropping markers on the fly. Just cruise around in marker dropper. Drop em when you want.
  • 1dunerat11dunerat1 Posts: 5Member
    Great thank you. I was a little confused on the quick guide
    It looks like you can only add the marker on a route. I was wondering if you can save a marker and use it again not using that saved route? I maybe just confusing myself. Thank you. I guess I am looking for another tab with just waypoints that you can just add too.
  • Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid admin Posts: 636Administrator, Moderator admin
    There's Markers and there's Waypoints. I think your mixing the 2. Markers are stand alone points marking points of interests. They are not part of a route. They are dropped in Menu > Markers > New > in marker dropper. These can be shared and named to mark objects.

Waypoints are points along a route..they are dropped when building or pre running a route. They are identified by a pin with a speaker as these offer audible navigation when running a route. What ever you name them is what you will hear 15 seconds out from waypoint and 5 seconds out you will get a "name" now.

OK I do not see markers when I go into the menu. It just has collections and new. Do you have to buy the markers as a add on?
    edited April 2016
    A collection is how you break down trips, events, etc... Start a new collection example: hiking trip 2016

Then you can build out markers, plan routes, record tracks(breadcrumbs) turn those into routes that can be edited with waypoints..etc
    OK I will try that. Thank you for all the responses day. Very much appreciated
    yea no problem. Just read through the guide and watch the videos...then it takes just getting out there and running it a few times