Ask questions and learn!

Slow Offline Maps Downloads

chrisloomischrisloomis Posts: 15Member
Hi Guys

i am getting really Slow Offline Maps Downloads.
i have a 150Mdps x 150Mbps connection and i tried all night to download a 7.1 Gig map set and it made it to 2% complete
i restarted it and it is now stuck at 10%... any idea what is going wrong

Thanks... Chris
Post edited by chrisloomis on

Comments

• chrisloomischrisloomis Posts: 15Member
    Please respond i am leaving tomorrow for the trim and going through 128 miles in the desert with no coverage and i still have 7 gig's of maps to download
  • Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 372Administrator, Moderator admin

Hi Guys

i am getting really Slow Offline Maps Downloads.
    i have a 150Mdps x 150Mbps connection and i tried all night to download a 7.1 Gig map set and it made it to 2% complete
    i restarted it and it is now stuck at 10%... any idea what is going wrong

Thanks... Chris

Chris

I talked to you a few times already over email.. but some updates and for everyone else.

Confirmed and everything is up and running fine on our map servers.

I also did some test runs and at 18 zoom and 1,000 meters on either side of a 100 mile route on average internet, I am getting about 1% download every 5 minutes.

18 zoom at 500 meters either side is downloading about twice as fast.

LEADNAV is one of the only programs in existence capable of doing this type of downloading as it takes a ton of horsepower by the device to download and process. This is not like downloading a file. A lot more is going on to geolocate and build this map onto your device. Everything else should be shut down and you will need to monitor the download.

You can expect to have to continue the download once in awhile if this lock up or crash. This is done by just clicking on the tiles label and selecting continue. Things will pick right back up where it left off. Keep going till you hit 100%.

Also if things are climbing for awhile then seem to stop, just tap off to the side of the tile window to stop the download. Then continue it to get things going again.

It is what it is as again we are the only program that is pulling this process off and quite frankly its blowing the minds of even the mapping company and some of the other $30,000 a year navigation software packages we use!

There are also other ways to pull down maps....a lot more advanced and it takes some tech...but LeadNav also runs mbtiles... Google around and you will find a free program for the computer called MOBAC..again...a way advanced method but what we use professionally.