Ask questions and learn!

This is the place to share your trails and maps!

Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 493Administrator, Moderator admin
Share your GPX files here or website links to trail systems.

Comments

• ChampracingChampracing Posts: 5Member
    Hey Damian I’m trying to find gpx maps for the snowy range area in Wyoming and not having any luck. What am I doing wrong? Everything wants me to download another map program. And yes I’m a new user. Thanks for the help
    Matt
  • Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 493Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited September 18
    Matt

Few differences between LEADNAV and all other apps in that we are the only app focused on replacing and enhancing the old traditional GPS units. We focus on trip planning from start to finish with audio/visual navigation and coordination in an off the grid environment. We, like all GPS units handle GPX files. So any GPS file of trips, trails, etc..., you find out there can be imported into LEADNAV. Any Google Earth KMZ/KML that you find or build can be converted to GPX and imported.

What most "App people" us are just apps that give you a trail map and a track record button so you can follow lines on the screen blindly without planning... if this is what your looking for LEADNAV might be well over your head in capability.

However any trail map out there was once a GPS file...which we support and allow you to build.

Look through our support page on our main website and the lessons section here on the forum to get you started.
  • ChampracingChampracing Posts: 5Member
    So took it out for the first time yesterday in the mnts. Why won’t the base map keep up while we’re traveling? USGS SAT HYBRID I have your satilite unit hooked up
    Thanks
    Probably because you did not prep and save out any background map imagery...

These come from the internet. If you have no internet, no maps will load.

We use the In App Subscriptions to prep, save and borrow map imagery for offline use. In the Settings you can subscribe to Map Sub for $20 a year if you are on foot hiking or hunting and only need to save smaller areas. Or you can get Pro Pack for $150 a year if in a vehicle and need to save much larger areas of the map types you want to take.

These are basic fundamentals of trip planning and prep.

See our quick guide and other materials on this page
    https://leadnavsystems.com/tutorials/

and our lessons section "Save along Route" tutorial a Pro pack feature
    http://forum.leadnavsystems.com/categories/lessons

Without these LEADNAV will still function as any GPS would without background imagery

Example: Garmin with a blank yellow screen...LEADNAV will be gray