Ask questions and learn!

LeadNav not saving downloaded Mapbox Satellite Maps

I'm attempting to download Mapbox Satellite maps. Some download and save fine. Others download completely, but then later after closing and restarting LeadNave, the maps don't show as having ever being downloaded (meaning when I go to download additional sections, the blue square showing where current sections are downloaded does not exist).

Using brand new iPad (October 2018), 117GB of 128GB free, no other apps in use at the time, only other app really used is Dual GPS' app in conjunction with LeadNav, on solid Wifi signal.

Best Answers

• jpattijpatti Posts: 6
    Accepted Answer
    Named screen shots in order of taking them. Sent screen shots directly to you. Description below.

1 - Wide shot of beginning state

2 - Close up of beginning state showing two areas of 18x saved

3 - Wide shot of state after downloading four more segments, 1 more @18x, 3 more @16x zoom.

4 - Wide shot of state after downloanding the above four segments, but clicking into 18-B1KHwy N to delete the "Save along Route" for this section.

5 - Shot of me about to delete "Save along Route" for 18-B1KHwy N, however, during deletion the app crashed.

6 - Restarted app, went back into download more Mapbox Satellite sections, yet it shows on three sections saved, instead of the total of six sections that should be there. A) it shows the added 18x zoom section as incomplete. B) The three 16x zoom sections are missing entirely.

Greatly appreciate your help. I have previously wiped my entire iPad and started completely from scratch, resetting up the iPad, reinstalling LeadNav, and re-downloading these sections.

• jpattijpatti Posts: 6
    Accepted Answer

Without digging too deep in this I see a problem up front in that you tried performing a save along Route on the chase tracks. This would be an issue and probably break things just as if you tried converting the chase track into a Route as it would freak out and spiderweb because these tracks are slapped together. They are dozens of segments reverse...forward...

You should leave the chase track a blue track and convert the race route to a red Route.

Then if you wish do a save along Route on the clean race route (down to 16 as 17-18 again is a waste for mapbox satellite) (adding 18 zoom map types is covered in our advanced courses but you can find the google hybrid link to cut n paste in as a custom map for Baja down to 18)

Then save individually the 14-15 zoom tiles around the race for chasing.

Looks like u tried a save along Route on the highway file which would break things

Copy that. Will move to Routes instead of Tracks and try again. Thank you.

Answers

• Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 539Administrator, Moderator admin
    There is human error here we just need to pin point what it is.

Are you running the $150 pro subscription?

Have you looked through the “save along Route” lesson on forum?

Are u aware mapbox satellite is an in app option for the general public and in Baja coverage is only good down to 15-16 zoom? 17-18 will be a waste to save n be black.

Are you selecting the map type u saved after restarting LeadNav?
  • jpattijpatti Posts: 6Member
    Also, downloaded Mapbox Satellite maps are not showing up at multiple zoom levels. Go into settings to ensure proper map is selected and find all map options minus the default Open Street Map are completely grayed out and therefore not selectable at all.

I have purchased the Pro Pack, but it seems to lose the knowledge that I have purchased the Pro Pack sometimes when I lose or turn off Wifi. I always have the LeadNav-World-Map overlay turned off unless absolutely necessary.
    Send a screen shot of your saved tiles
    edited November 2018
    Also how do you mean it seems to not recognize you have pro? As in the date next to it in In app purchases goes to “purchase”?
  • jpattijpatti Posts: 6Member
    Will send screen shots shortly. Will try to get the same issue to occur and show before & after.

Are you running the $150 pro subscription? - Yes

Have you looked through the “save along Route” lesson on forum? - Yes, and have previously done this successfully.

Are u aware mapbox satellite is an in app option for the general public and in Baja coverage is only good down to 15-16 zoom? 17-18 will be a waste to save n be black. - No, thank you. Will only save to 16 moving forward in this area.

Are you selecting the map type u saved after restarting LeadNav? - Yes

Also how do you mean it seems to not recognize you have pro? As in the date next to it in In app purchases goes to “purchase”? - Yes, in Settings/Purchases menu it went from "Expires 8/19/19" to "Purchase".
    Tracks or routes for save along Route doesn’t matter... save along race route at 16 zoom 250 m either side and save tiles in checkerboard at 14 zoom around entire case n race area.

If you want search “google hybrid” n copy n paste that code into Settings> Map> custom map type and save that style (save along race route 18 zoom 250 m either side)

Don’t get greedy n try 1000 meters either side for a route this large or it will crash

Don’t touch iPad while downloading