Ask questions and learn!

Dual XGPS questions

carloericarloeri Posts: 15Member
What is the recommended iPhone/iPad location setting when running LeadNav with XGPS160? I currently run the app in location setting "only when the app is running" and when I do that and go over to another app, for example WhatsApp, the LeadNav app seems to loose the connection to the Dual GPS, the small Dual logo goes away in apps main window and position update goes down to 1 Hz. To get the app to connect to Dual again, I usually have to restart the app and sometimes reconnect the Dual GPS.

Is it recommended to have the location setting to "always" when running the app with the Dual GPS?

Has anyone been experienced any problems with the Dual app lately? My GPS works but the Dual app is super slow and sometimes doesn't work at all.

Comments

• Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 529Administrator, Moderator admin
    If you want LEADNAV to run in the background (audio with screen locked) then I would switch it to ALWAYS.

For standard use with LEADNAV up and running without a puck I would set it to ONLY WHEN USING THE APP. Otherwise you will kill the battery when in other apps and not using LEADNAV.

Typically were not leaving the app when dialed in with LEADNAV and the XGPS160 so will have to look into this dropping the puck scenario.

We are not experiencing issues currently with the XGPS160.

Have you updated the XGPS160?

• carloericarloeri Posts: 15Member

Have you updated the XGPS160?

I told both the iPhone and iPad app to check the firmware, and it says it is updated.

The only thing I did was to connect the XGPS160 to my Mac and did some tracking in QGIS during a road trip. I can't find any info that connecting to a Mac/PC should mess up something in the GPS.

Yeah, I have some problems with the puck dropping out. I will test if the same thing happens on the iPad also. Could it be a RAM issue?
  • Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 529Administrator, Moderator admin
    Not sure as we do not test or utilize it with a computer.