Ask questions and learn!

Map subscription-where is it?

migolitomigolito Posts: 7Member
edited July 2018 in Troubleshooting and Bugs
NooB here. I have a Mini 4 with the basic Lead Nav GPS WIFI. I do not have a GPS puck attached yet. I purchased the Leadnav Map Sub and in the Setting in Leadnav GPS. However, I can't find where the Map Sub program is...?

Comments

• Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 539Administrator, Moderator admin
    https://leadnavsystems.com/tutorials/

Page 8-9 of Quick guide also see the race prep videos and lessons section of forum “Save along Route”

Note:

Map subscription is for people on foot as it allows you to save smaller areas

Pro Pack is for vehicles allowing you to save larger area.
    You will absolutely need a puck for WiFi only iPad. See faq page and our video on the XGPS160 puck
  • migolitomigolito Posts: 7Member
    Yes, I realize I need a puck and will be getting the Xgps160. I had no idea the Map program I just spent $20- for use on my Motorcycle, isn't gonna work!! Maybe something that should be made clear BEFORE it's purchased ie "not for use for..." or, did I miss this caution somewhere?

So, just so I get this right, this time. I have the Mini 4 with the Leadnav GPS basic. I want to explore the desert, maybe do a little racing, make some raouts, download some routes (Mexican 1000). What do I need as far as a map program? Any idea how to get my $$ back?
    It’s not a big deal so relax a bit... the subscriptions are reflected off each other. If you upgrade to pro your map sub will be deducted from the upgrade. If you are biking and you want to save small trail areas you might be able to do that with the map sub and it’s 50mb per tile governor.

If you are going longer distances or playing around larger areas...AND ABSOLUTELY if you doing NORRA or racing at all you will need to upgrade to Pro. Pro let’s you save 1 gig individual tiles and has the save along Route feature shown in the lessons section.

Yes we totally recommend reading up on our system in the FAQ page, quick guide, 3 race prep videos, the gps antenna video, the forum lessons section highlighting pro pack and our website recommended packages section prior to committing and buying anything.

If you jumped the gun and you are not happy notify Apple and they will refund you.