Ask questions and learn!

Zoom levels higher than 18?

I heard you saying somewhere in a video or on Instagram something about zoom levels higher than 18.

The last days I have been trying to create overlays with zoom levels in 19 and 20, but the app can not access those zoom levels.

Do I need to do something in the app to "unlock" these zoom levels?

/ Carl

Comments

• Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 529Administrator, Moderator admin
    I assume you are building these in MOBAC? If so you will need to build your MBTiles with every zoom level (don't skip any) For instance 12-21......not a map built with 18-21 and 12-15 mixed up
  • carloericarloeri Posts: 15Member

I assume you are building these in MOBAC? If so you will need to build your MBTiles with every zoom level (don't skip any) For instance 12-21......not a map built with 18-21 and 12-15 mixed up

That's exactly what I've been doing, I think. I tried from level 11-21 and 0-21 (all steps) on a small area, but I still can't get the LeadNav App to zoom higher than level 18. I am using MOBAC to create a MBTiles SQLite atlas. What am I doing wrong?
    Did you try turning on the Overlay layer and choosing "none" as a map type to see if it makes a difference?

Did you try turning on the Overlay layer and choosing "none" as a map type to see if it makes a difference?

Yeah, I did that. I tried again just now, Map = None and only the overlay (with zoom 12-21), and the iPhone LeadNav app still can't go higher than zoom 18.

Time for bed now, I will try on the iPad tomorrow.
    I tried with the iPad, didn't work.

I tried making new MBTiles in both MOBAC and MapTiler Desktop, zoom level 0-21, and the app can still not go higher than zoom 18.
    Ok we will have to look at the new restrictions that n zoom. Typically we Goto 18