Ask questions and learn!

Zoom levels higher than 18?

I heard you saying somewhere in a video or on Instagram something about zoom levels higher than 18.

The last days I have been trying to create overlays with zoom levels in 19 and 20, but the app can not access those zoom levels.

Do I need to do something in the app to "unlock" these zoom levels?

/ Carl

Comments

• Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 609Administrator, Moderator admin
    I assume you are building these in MOBAC? If so you will need to build your MBTiles with every zoom level (don't skip any) For instance 12-21......not a map built with 18-21 and 12-15 mixed up
  • carloericarloeri Posts: 15Member

I assume you are building these in MOBAC? If so you will need to build your MBTiles with every zoom level (don't skip any) For instance 12-21......not a map built with 18-21 and 12-15 mixed up

That's exactly what I've been doing, I think. I tried from level 11-21 and 0-21 (all steps) on a small area, but I still can't get the LeadNav App to zoom higher than level 18. I am using MOBAC to create a MBTiles SQLite atlas. What am I doing wrong?
    Did you try turning on the Overlay layer and choosing "none" as a map type to see if it makes a difference?

Did you try turning on the Overlay layer and choosing "none" as a map type to see if it makes a difference?

Yeah, I did that. I tried again just now, Map = None and only the overlay (with zoom 12-21), and the iPhone LeadNav app still can't go higher than zoom 18.

Time for bed now, I will try on the iPad tomorrow.
    I tried with the iPad, didn't work.

I tried making new MBTiles in both MOBAC and MapTiler Desktop, zoom level 0-21, and the app can still not go higher than zoom 18.
    Ok we will have to look at the new restrictions that n zoom. Typically we Goto 18
  • SHRcodawgSHRcodawg Posts: 2Member
    Is there any updates to zoom greater than 18?
    With our commercial services and aerial collection through drone, aircraft and satellite..Yes.

We can pull yesterday’s imagery down to 21 zoom directly from the folks controlling the satellites and through these other platforms.

But you are going way above consumer level capability and pricing at that point and up to the serious contract level. Starting range would be in that $20k range and way up from there depending on area. If you said for instance the Baja peninsula...that would be in the million dollar range.

If this is something your organization is interested in you can use our contact page to detail out the operation area.

Otherwise the consumer level is pretty good and standard down to 18 zoom.