Ask questions and learn!

Course marking

We marked the course today and yesterday and now for some reason we some of the waypoints are sitting off the coast of Africa. Any reason why or how to fix this? My iPads have been doing this for about a year now whenever I open leadnav for the first time also it shows my position in the ocean as well.

Comments

• Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 575Administrator, Moderator admin
    Caused by a lose of GPS signal or on initial warmup when opening the app. 000 000 Lat Long is off the coast of Africa and default position without a gps lock.

If you get a spiderweb out to this position due to any of these reasons. Backup your collection or route. Go into edit. And either delete that point / those points by clicking on them or you can actually zoom way out and hold n drag them back to the area. Zoom in and you can place them between the two points where they belong.

We see this more at races like the king of Hammers or in heavy terrain when prerunning when you just happen to get a weak gps fix when dropping a waypoint.

Also just confirm your gps puck is updated as per video
  • spartaracingspartaracing Posts: 73Member
    Got it will do. Thanks