Ask questions and learn!

Baja 500 course

spartaracingspartaracing Posts: 79Member
When SCORE releases the race file for the start (from start to mile 39) on Wednesday, what’s the easiest way to add that to what I have saved now (existing race course file and map imagery) without having to redownload or loose anything? Thanks

Comments

• Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 585Administrator, Moderator admin
    Duplicate n backup your work then merge routes
  • spartaracingspartaracing Posts: 79Member
    Thanks
    So I convertet the two start and finish files to routes then joined multiple routes and those two routes are now one collection. No problem. But then I tried the same thing with the original race file and I lost all the original markers like RM that SCORE had with its file. I must be misssing a step or not doing something right. Is there a tutorial online? Thanks
    The RM n VCP markers are part of the collection separate from the Route. There is no reason dealing with routes would effect these....
    You must have put the new route into a different collection without those markers...?
    No. I put the start finish into existing Prerun collection and they join but all markers from start finish are gone. I’ve tried several times. Can you give me a step by step? I must be doing something wrong!?!?
    Also posted in Stories of our LEADNAVSYSTEMS Instagram
    Not sure what your doing wrong but its as simple as importing the Start Finish GPX from SCORE website straight into your Race collection (RM/VCPs come in as Markers with that) and convert each track to Route, Merge the three together and done.
    Question: after merging all the routes together I forgot how to get rid of the spider webbing between the newly joined routes? or is there?
    Will that affect the run of the course at all if I left that line there between the joined routes?