Ask questions and learn!

Automatic movement on maps

Trying to figure out if when we are racing and running the track if it's supposed to follow along (file was imported from race association) I converted the track file to route, and trying to see when zoomed in how does it work to automatically move the position of where we at on the map. We can seem to go so far, but as soon as move outside the area, map doesn't follow.

Answers

• Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 609Administrator, Moderator admin
    I’m assuming your not talking gps positioning...and that your talking about background map imagery...

This is saved and prepped by trip by using our Pro Pack to either tile or save along Route.

See Lessons section “Save along Route”
  • OddballOffroadOddballOffroad Posts: 5Member
    We do have the pro pack, downloaded the imagery before we went out. I guess it's more the positioning. If it's zoomed in, and we go off the screen, while still on track, should it move over to our new position?
    That File imported is a GPS file which sits on top and will run fine By itself as long as it’s a cellular capable iPad or iPhone or a WiFi only as long as you have a XGPS160.

Background map imagery is optional and available through in app pro subscription.

See our basic race prep videos as well
    Yes, it's a 10.5 iPad pro, cellular enabled. GPS160 puck updated firmware as well. Background imagery works great, and loaded all the track markers, converted track to route. Just couldn't seem to get it to move along with us as we moved along the track. Do we need to just "run route" when we start? We did do a record track while on top of route to record our speeds and etc. Thanks for the help
    LeadNav always “stays with you” as your moving.... did you toggle the crosshairs n travel for a bit?
    Yeah, but it didn't move to our current position, had to manually swipe over to our location
    And this was after giving it s few seconds to acquire lock?

Something is not adding up...
    If you toggle the crosshairs you switch between north up/map view to track up/travel mode. Might be a slight delay in response till the system swings around but no more than a second or so traveling forward.

If not and it’s a cell model first thing I’d do is make sure WiFi is off

Then try with Bluetooth off with internal gps then with Bluetooth on and puck. Make sure puck has a solid green.

Send video screenshots to [email protected] if this problem is not figured out
    Yeah, tried a couple times. I'm going to restart everything before we make another lap
    Yes reboot iPad and try the above as well.

Side note make sure in Settings > Map > that the world map overlay is not checked on