Ask questions and learn!

No range rings

One of the iPads is not showing range rings. I have it set for 3 rings at 100 yards each in settings.

Comments

• bencalderbencalder Posts: 107Guest ✭✭
    This is a known bug introduced in a recent iOS 11 patch that will be fixed with our next update.

Killing the app and reopening should fix it.
  • spartaracingspartaracing Posts: 73Member
    Thanks. I killed and reopened but it does not fix it. I updated both iPads at the same time, one has the problem and one does not.
    It's tied to the accelerometer (what tells LeadNav to rotate the map to always keep your heading "up"). Tapping the my location button and then using my hand to rotate the iPad back and forth a couple times has been the most reliable way to get the rings to show.

Apple seems to have slightly lowered the sensitivity of the accelerometer when it's instantiated.
    tapping the my location button isn't working (there's no fan on my location dot) and the accelerometer isn't working at all, the map doesn't move when I change directions. The rings are not showing up either. I'll try again in the morning. Thanks Ben
    the orientation was working on apple maps either. I went to settings-maps-driving&Navigation and clicked the compass button then restarted the iPad. That brought the rings back on the one iPad but still no fan on my location marker and the map does not move. Also, I cant pinch and rotate the map with my fingers.

Is this going to be a problem for the race? Will the map follow us?
    Meant orientation WASN'T working on apple maps app either
    Also, every time I tap the location crosshairs it adds another black location button to the screen, about 25 yards from where the iPad currently is.
    Apple maps app works fine now, have to tap the location arrow in upper right corner and then a small vertical hash appears and the map follows my rotation/movement. But leadnav still not responsive.
    just emailed you screen shot
    I believe this bug only exists when the iPad is not moving, so this should not affect racing.

The multiple location dots should reduce to one when you tap the crosshair button to snap your location to the center of the screen and enter 'heading up' mode. Entering that 'heading up' mode should also trigger the range rings to appear. If you don't see the range rings, use the zoom out button to verify that you're not currently zoomed in too far to see the first ring.

If LeadNav isn't going heading up it's likely because the accelerometer hasn't noticed enough movement of the device. This can be solved by rotating the device or moving/driving.
    We are in Pahrump now so I’ll check it this morning and let you know Thanks for the info.
    Still having the persistent problem of multiple location dots on the screen. This has been going on since I first noted it in this thread back in November 2017. Any solution or remedy for this yet?
    bencalder said:

I believe this bug only exists when the iPad is not moving, so this should not affect racing.

The multiple location dots should reduce to one when you tap the crosshair button to snap your location to the center of the screen and enter 'heading up' mode. Entering that 'heading up' mode should also trigger the range rings to appear. If you don't see the range rings, use the zoom out button to verify that you're not currently zoomed in too far to see the first ring.

If LeadNav isn't going heading up it's likely because the accelerometer hasn't noticed enough movement of the device. This can be solved by rotating the device or moving/driving.

• Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 575Administrator, Moderator admin
    Working on it. This "ghosting" seems to be appearing from multiple or old last known positions and its a priority to squash now that were getting back up and running out east.
    Yes, thats exactly what it is doing. The dots are from a position we were previously at. lets say a mile away and 5 minutes ago. They remain there the entire trip. ok, I will look for an update. thanks.
    Any update on this Issue? Still persistent.
  • Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 575Administrator, Moderator admin
    No. Until we hash out the path ahead with our government and commercial markets with our investors and new partners there will be no updates to the code base. New coders are being lined up out here on the east coast lining up with that direction.

If it was an obvious bug that would hinder performance we would obviously tackle it but right now what your seeing is just a ghosting off last position. If you hit the cross hairs your on point. Ignore the other dots and keep moving.