Ask questions and learn!

New User Introductions

Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 609Administrator, Moderator admin
Before you start contributing to our community please introduce yourself.
Post edited by Damian_offthegrid on

Comments

• BradVMWBradVMW Posts: 4Moderator mod
    Excited about the new LeadNav Community!
  • littleclodbusterlittleclodbuster Posts: 3Member
    Sweet glad the forum is up!!
  • Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 609Administrator, Moderator admin
    Yep...just bear with us while we tweak it out!
  • terry235terry235 Posts: 3Member
    Off-road junky here...looking forward to using Leadnav to get me around in the sticks!
  • AzjoeAzjoe Posts: 3Member
    New to leadnav. Can't wait to learn how to use this.
    Azjoe said:

New to leadnav. Can't wait to learn how to use this.

Already received your initial question and glad to help!

• 4mahalo4mahalo Posts: 1Member
    edited March 2015
    Thanks to Chuck Dempsy for the feedback and recommendation. I downloaded LeadNav to my iPhone and used it this weekend while out rippin up the desert in the RZR. It was awesome. Looking forward to using the ipad mini on our next trip.
    4mahalo said:

Thanks to Chuck Dempsy for the feedback and recommendation. I downloaded LeadNav to my iPhone and used it this weekend while out rippin up the desert in the RZR. It was awesome. Looking forward to using the ipad mini on our next trip.

Glad to have you. If you have any questions just ask away and our team will be glad to help.
  • StewwalkerStewwalker Posts: 3Member
    New member. Looking forward to directly contacting leadnav if I have any questions.

First question - why can't I load the 500 map into my iPad? It does not give me the option to open in leadnav.
  • StewwalkerStewwalker Posts: 3Member
    Figured it out. I guess I had to post something first?
  • RobertRobert Posts: 1Member
    Hello all.
  • desertjkdesertjk Posts: 16Member
    Hi Everyone looking forward to seeing this work.
  • ogomez323ogomez323 Posts: 2Member
    Hello! I am Omar Gomez and I am excited to Run my LEADNAV GPS down at the 500 this weekend!
  • chunkychunky Posts: 1Member
    hi i just got this app and im curious as to seeing how good it is.
  • rickosuave1987rickosuave1987 Posts: 1Member
    Hi guys! My name is Rick from SoCal. Just got the app to run on my iPad in my race car.

Hi guys! My name is Rick from SoCal. Just got the app to run on my iPad in my race car.

Welcome to the LeadNav Forum. If you have any specific questions post away and we will answer them.
  • RLollarRLollar Posts: 2Member
    I am looking forward to testing LeadNav and to what other goodies are forthcoming!!!!
    Roger Lollar - Yellow Jacket Motorsports - TORRA Tejas Off Road Racing Association. Sponsors: Midland Safety and Health, Big Horn Services, Echodyne Pumping Technologies. Those who have done it, know why we race. Those that don't just haven't raced yet!!
    RLollar said:

I am looking forward to testing LeadNav and to what other goodies are forthcoming!!!!

Welcome to the Forum!
  • glamis_addictglamis_addict Posts: 5Member
    Setup looks awesome!! Plan on making the purchase soon for trial use then more units for chase/race vehicles!!

Setup looks awesome!! Plan on making the purchase soon for trial use then more units for chase/race vehicles!!

Welcome to the Forum. We can definitely get you loaded out per vehicle. Recommend working with us early on so we can start putting together the hardware packages. We are currently stocked on iPad Air 1 setups with some big preorders being made for the iPad Air 2's this month.

Things get hectic the couple weeks prior to a major race so plan ahead!
  • THODGES89THODGES89 Posts: 5Member
    Tucker Hodges - SoCal - Merchant Mariner and desert explorer
    I've been happily beta testing in my 'luxury chase truck' Super Duty for a while now and loving every minute of it! It's great to see so many professional features I'm used to with commercial-grade navigation equipment. I've enlightened so many desert buddies already who were only previously aware of the almighty Lowrance unit (weaksauce compared to LeadNav!).
    THODGES89 said:

Tucker Hodges - SoCal - Merchant Mariner and desert explorer
    I've been happily beta testing in my 'luxury chase truck' Super Duty for a while now and loving every minute of it! It's great to see so many professional features I'm used to with commercial-grade navigation equipment. I've enlightened so many desert buddies already who were only previously aware of the almighty Lowrance unit (weaksauce compared to LeadNav!).

Great to hear feedback! :)
  • RobVRobV Posts: 5Member
    Just picked up the app. Going to see how it wrks
  • ProbablyLostProbablyLost Posts: 6Member
    I've had the app about a month and have been testing and playing with it in my free time. Everyone I've interacted with at LeadNav seems to be very knowledgeable and helpful. I am with THODGES89 in sharing the idea that this seems like it can likely replace the Lowrance units. Good stuff.
  • velociraptorvelociraptor Posts: 5Member
    Just downloaded the app. Looking forward to using it for backcountry trips. I have been using Gaia GPS Pro which works fine but it does not have the features that LEADNAV GPS such as audibles and the interface is more difficult to use. I am looking forward to being able to create more user friendly maps/collections. :)
  • Reklund5Reklund5 Posts: 4Member
    Just downloaded the app and my Dual GPS Puck arrived today from Amazon. I'm looking forward to getting comfortable using it. I want to learn to be proficient with it and navigate accurately.
  • Ca51flattyCa51flatty Posts: 2Member
    In a world full of navigation and Mapping options I hope this is the last one I need to try (app purchase). Not super tech savvy but willing to learn. I have multiple Lowrance units but willing to try something new.
  • tomatecnotomatecno Posts: 8Member
    Hello everyone!!!!

This is TOMATECNO from TOMATE RACING TEAM 555 BAJA BUG 5/1600

We are recing the BAJA 1000 this november... with LEADNAV PRO !!!

how can I upload a picture?
    tomatecno said:

Hello everyone!!!!

This is TOMATECNO from TOMATE RACING TEAM 555 BAJA BUG 5/1600

We are recing the BAJA 1000 this november... with LEADNAV PRO !!!

how can I upload a picture?

Good luck in Baja and welcome to the forum

• ridinlarge10ridinlarge10 Posts: 1Member
    Hello All,

New member here and am looking into getting a new leadnav system setup with an ipad for baja exploring and other forms of adventure! I have an old ipad, honestly not even sure what it is off the top of my head. Looking into getting a new higher gigabyte capacity ipad coupled with the leadnav app, dual gps160 puck setup for offroad and off grid use. Wondering what current users recommend for ipad model setup?