Ask questions and learn!

Clear cache

I deleted the race collection from baja but that didn't free the space currently being used by the app on my iPhone. How do you clear the space being used? Also, the map overlays installed for baja, do those need to be cleared as well to free up space on the iPhone? Thanks

Comments

• Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 596Administrator, Moderator admin
    The Collection (GPS files) have nothing to do with the background Map Imagery types you saved/cached using the Map Download manager.

Click the Cloud button next to the Map Types that have Saved tiles...in Settings then Delete each of their Cache. When you hit the cloud next to each map type it will tally up and show the current saved size for each.

If this is a Custom Map you received from us (MBTile Overlay) then Go Settings > Maps > all the way down to Overlays > and swipe left to delete.

Its good to clear all maps after a race as
  • spartaracingspartaracing Posts: 79Member
    Done, thanks. The LeadNav-World-Map that Ben gave me in Baja doesn't allow swipe left to delete?
  • Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 596Administrator, Moderator admin
    Yea that’s a default sample overlay part of app.... might wipe that out in near future. Lot of people turn it on while trying to run other area overlays an it messes things up a bit.

Only use that if your stranded in the ocean n need to see what beach your floating toward!
  • spartaracingspartaracing Posts: 79Member
    Next time that happens I'll be sure to do that
  • StephenTomasStephenTomas Posts: 1Member
    If you don't use map overlays for a while, it's wise to clean it up. In addition, many unknown files or junk files may be classified as "other", so it is necessary to clean up "other" in the iPhone storage space.