Ask questions and learn!

2017 Baja 1000 File

Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 609Administrator, Moderator admin
This is the LEADNAV prepped (cleaned up) race file straight from SCOREs website (GPX). The only thing we had to do was fix there Section 1 mistake with the track order causing spiderwebbing up to RM 53. Other than that pretty clean and we turned Tracks into Routes and merged everything.

I would leave the Chase tracks blue lines... as trying to convert them into Routes will cause severe spiderwebbing.

This was done on October 24th --- IT IS ON YOU TO MONITOR ALL UPDATES TO THE COURSE!!!

Yes we might be releasing a PreRun race file depending how our friends down there do over the next week or so. If we do get this done we will make it available for sale.

Join our newsletter for updates.

Comments

• spartaracingspartaracing Posts: 79Member
    SCORE has their course notes, in the event you do not have that prerun file for release, how can I mark the course with markers on the exact mileage of their note, e.g., veer right, stay left, etc. ? They don't have those input as markers already like BITD doe with their danger markers. Since their course starts at mile 19 or so when I am in edit mode on LN and place the cursor on the course mileage does not correspond.
  • bencalderbencalder Posts: 107Guest ✭✭
    The simplest thing may be to do the math to add 19.73 miles to the displayed mileage in Route Editor.
    simple uh huh that blows I'll check with score to see if they will give me the whole file for this purpose. I noticed on the last BITD race that LN mileage didn't match up with theirs, know why?
    How far off was it? It usually comes down to elevation differentials when the track was recorded.
    i don't remember but I think it was a few miles off I'll have to check again
    So with over 400 markers are you saying to add 19.73 miles to every marker I input or is there another way to just do it once?
  • Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 609Administrator, Moderator admin
    > @spartaracing said:
    > So with over 400 markers are you saying to add 19.73 miles to every marker I input or is there another way to just do it once?

SCOREs mileage has always been off and the way they hand out these danger lists is about dumbest method in the sport.... there is absolutely no way to give accurate distances across several platforms...if made on google earth with 3D terrain it would still not be accurate due to google only offering elevation accuracy of 30 meters....

like every other organization these should be actually “marked” with a GPS...and handed out (the exact position)...to go along with the danger list...

But no ... SCORE chooses not to do that...

So there is absolutely no way for us to make that easier.

I can say we have tried to calibrate off of their RM positions...but those are not Accurate either...but still the best thing and only thing to do is calibrate off the RMs... and maybe drop it early!

And tell SCORE to pull their heads out!
    Sounds like they are driving along the course and just look down at their mileage when they want to mark something?? WTF Why on earth wouldn't they just drop a marker there like BITD does then it shows up on our map file! Well get that prerun file up for sale and I will stop bugging you and you call SCORE!
    No idea...it’s been a question we’ve had for years..it’s like someone drove n found the danger...then they get back n point on the map where they think it was...

Correct...BITD, NORRA, Ultra 4...and everyone else actually marks it on gps...and hands those points out in race file referencing the danger list...typically numbered
    Any word on your race course notes for sale yet?
  • Bud_PecoyBud_Pecoy Posts: 2Member
    I have never worked with Leadnav,,, I will be racing the 1000 this year and was wondering if it's possible to do a plug and play with this system or do you need a full day of training to use it?

Any word on your race course notes for sale yet?

We'll likely have it on race week.
    Bud_Pecoy said:

I have never worked with Leadnav,,, I will be racing the 1000 this year and was wondering if it's possible to do a plug and play with this system or do you need a full day of training to use it?

If you don't have a chance to attend training prior to the race you should try to spend as much time as possible using the app and getting comfortable with it.
    At its basic level ...

You can easily import the GPX file from SCORE and just drive over top of the Track line as you would a Lowrance fish finder.

Without any of its more advanced navigational capabilities or background map imagery.

Really depends on your ability to learn through our lessons section and support videos which show basic race prep.
  • Bud_PecoyBud_Pecoy Posts: 2Member
    Will you be in Ensenada to help with setup?
    We will be there directly supporting a few dozen teams the 13-15th. During this time we will be running around pretty swamped as we have scheduled time booked out day and night. However you might catch us during contingency scrambling up the line.

However at that point it’s a little late in the game. Prep should n needs to be done now...back home on good internet. Saving map imagery along route, prepping n studying the race file, etc...

As we prove in our training...LEADNAVs capabilities are 2-4 weeks building up to the actual race...otherwise race day you might as well just load the race file n drive down a line on the screen as you would with any GPS
  • BajadesBajades Posts: 6Member
    Is there anyway to transfer a gpx file to Lead Nav from a PC anymore now that Apple has removed the app function in Itunes? (Itunes 12.7) (without emailing it or uploading it to the cloud). I will be in Baja editing my files on my PC, but without internet, I can't figure out a way to get it into my Ipad.
  • BajadesBajades Posts: 6Member
    Figured it out, you can use the file sharing function to transfer files now in Itunes.
    I saved along route for the 1000 course on one iPad and want to delete it since we don't need that in the chase truck iPad. Ive tried to delete it 8 times and the app keep crashing. Whats the fix?
    If you have a laptop available you can delete the Cache folder from LeadNav files. This will delete all other imagery you have downloaded.
    Thank you, it worked.
    How come only a laptop? I used the same iPad and deleted the cache and it cleared it all.
    I thought you meant that you'd tried deleting the cache using the button in the app and that was causing crashes. Glad it worked!
    Yes that’s exactly what I meant. The app on the iPad was crashing.
    I think I'm confused. Did you use a laptop to delete the cache? If so, what do you mean by "how come only a laptop?"
    > @bencalder said:
    > If you have a laptop available you can delete the Cache folder from LeadNav files. This will delete all other imagery you have downloaded.

You said if I had a laptop I could delete the cache. I am using my iPad and the app kept crashing when I tried to delete the map area that I saved along route. From the map page I deleted the cache and that deleted the file and the app didn’t crash. I was just curious why you said “if you have a laptop available”. You can’t even run the app on a laptop can you?
    I meant that you could plug the iPad into the laptop and delete the cache folder using iTunes.
    Your way was better!
    Oh ok. Cool ya we’ll it worked and it’s going well so thanks!
    Anything on that prerun map yet?