Ask questions and learn!

Mapbox Satellite zoom vs Bing Hybrid

Good morning -- I'm preparing for a trip down to Baja, and am starting to download tiles for offline use. It seems that the Mapbox Satellite maps aren't zooming as close as they used to. The terrain area goes black when you zoom close. The Bing Hybrid map still zooms extremely tight, but you can't download those tiles -- Has something happened to the Mapbox maps that are preventing a tight zoom, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks -- I've really gotten hooked on this program and after racing for years with those stupid Lowrance fishing GPS units, I can't believe people still use them when this is available.
Scott

Comments

• Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 352Administrator, Moderator admin
    > @scottbarnes said:
    > Good morning -- I'm preparing for a trip down to Baja, and am starting to download tiles for offline use. It seems that the Mapbox Satellite maps aren't zooming as close as they used to. The terrain area goes black when you zoom close. The Bing Hybrid map still zooms extremely tight, but you can't download those tiles -- Has something happened to the Mapbox maps that are preventing a tight zoom, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks -- I've really gotten hooked on this program and after racing for years with those stupid Lowrance fishing GPS units, I can't believe people still use them when this is available.
    > Scott

No unfortunately Mapbox coverage in Baja has always been limited to 15-16 zoom for public download. Nothing has changed...it's never been better. US and most of the world has 18 through Mapbox but it seems Baja is a black hole in coverage.

However if you search "google hybrid" in the forum you will find a link to a thread with the string needed to add in as a custom map in LEADNAV for route studying better imagery for your trip.