Ask questions and learn!

Pre running

While pre running, I have recorded the route and added notes. After converting the track into a route, the notes are all joined with straight lines.... how do I erase those lines, and keep the points on the actual recorded route?

Answers

• Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 609Administrator, Moderator admin
    You prerun an "existing route" with our prerunning bar that's available when "running" that route. You then use the prerunner bar to edit in audio waypoints on the fly....

All you did was build a route from scratch in route builder/edit....
    Prerunner is available with our $150 pro pack subscription
  • WildfireWildfire Posts: 4Member
    Yes. I have paid for the pro pack....it's great.
    Yes. Running in the Coyote 300 down here in Southern Baja.... they don't have a LeadNav download for the race.... so prerunning it and building as I go.
    I see you can drop markers on the fly.... why can you not drop audio notes on the fly? Or can you?
    I mean...dropping Prerunning notes "On the fly" of a track that you are recording.... and then turn the whole track with notes into a route.
    Leadnav accepts GPX...same as Garmin and is the standard in formats. If they are not handing that out then they need some upgrades in their event hosting.. if they do offer this then you just convert their track to a route in leadnav.

If they only handed out a USR file...then that's easy too..just convert it to a gpx n do the same. This is covered in lessons section under "converting files to gpx"

At any rate...by design you can only "edit" or "prerun" an existing route. You are editing in audio notes directly into the route line. This is how navigation and alerting happens.

We've been down this road before with hundreds of racers and this is the absolutely best way. It's not possible to drop tracks, convert them to routes and drop Waypoints in all at once and if it was it would introduce a dozen other problems and complications. You would end up creating a big mess...birds nests..and a ton of extra work.
    Ok, that's too bad. That feature even would be good for event organizers when they are building a track for a race. Recording a route with notes would be super helpful. Thanks for getting back to me.
    If that's what your looking to do then you just run a track line in Marker dropper/edit dropping Markers like you would on a standard gps unit that are not attached to the route.

Menu > Markers > New