Ask questions and learn!

'RESTORE' in app purchases

pro pack subscription ran out so i resub'd.
but the upgraded base maps are still greyed out.
i go to settings->in app purchases-> restore
it then comes up with the window that says the purchases have been restored, i hit ok, but in maps the upgraded base maps are still greyed out.

Any ideas? thanks

Comments

• Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 609Administrator, Moderator admin
    Did a new "Expires on " appear next to Pro Pack?
  • CognitoCognito Posts: 3Member
    no, i never saw an 'expires on' before i resub'd. The propack map features were greyed out, so i assumed the subsc ran out, i went ahead and resub'd and it said i already had a sub and asked if i wanted to extend the sub, i clicked yes and then that particular ipad was all good, but my other ipad is still greyed out. Using the same itunes account.
    Cognito said:

no, i never saw an 'expires on' before i resub'd. The propack map features were greyed out, so i assumed the subsc ran out, i went ahead and resub'd and it said i already had a sub and asked if i wanted to extend the sub, i clicked yes and then that particular ipad was all good, but my other ipad is still greyed out. Using the same itunes account.

This happens..... just make sure both devices are on good wifi and hit the restore button on both a few times. If that does not work then first backup anything on the device not showing the purchase...delete the app...then reinstall... this will jar it loose from Apple and will show the purchase.
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 1Member
    I just had to delete and reinstall the app per the instructions. I have hit restore a half a dozen times, and it says Your purchases have been restored. I have then shut the iPad off and on and closed and opened LeadNav, hit the restore purchases button again. Still not restored.
    What are my next steps to getting my Pro Pack Subscriptions and Map Subscriptions restored?
  • bencalderbencalder Posts: 107Guest ✭✭
    If you had any active subscriptions, they are restored when you reinstalled the app.
    > @alexr said:
    > There is a work around for this as I encounter the issue when the application is shared via family sharing.
    >
    > Original purchase and subscription ihas been made by user x
    >
    > User z is a linked family account.
    >
    > If user z downloads or updates the subscriptions do not carry over.
    >
    > You must log in as the original user x to enable in app subscriptions to restore.
    >
    > Now the rescue....
    >
    > If user z updates, the only way to rescue the in app data is using os 11 and a new feature.
    >
    > Use the following steps.
    >
    > Sign in as original user x under settings—App Store—user Id
    >
    > Then
    >
    > Settings—general—iPad storage—LeadNav
    >
    > Select “off load app” and then “reinstall app” this enables you to keep stored in app data and restore in app subscriptions.
    >
    > You should be back working.
    >
    > Log out user x and login with correct user.
    >
    > Every time the app updates, the user must be logged in as original user x under settings—App Store.
    >
    > Hope this helps and thank you to apple support for spending a couple of days assisting

Appreciate you taking the time to post this! We are currently exploring the new iOS 11 and this will help. Thank you for the intel.

Damian
  • puregravypuregravy Posts: 4Member
    How do you confirm purchase date of Pro Pack subscription?
    1 year back from listed expiration date
    Or you can check your Apple App Store Receipts
    I don’t have access to Apple Store and don’t see a listed expiration date in the App purchase section. I’m missing something. Thanks. Bottom line is I know it’s soon. Cheers.
    Found it. I’m expired
  • LomitasLomitas Posts: 2Member
    hello and resature my app but it does not recover my purchase that more can be done