Ask questions and learn!

App stops working every time I am using it.

I use an iPad 3 mini or an iPhone 7plus. Everytime I am recording a route the app will shut off or freeze and stop recording. I change the settings to never turn the screen off, I run the devices in airplane mode, I pre-download the tiles for the areas and am using a gps160 for the gps antenna. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong? Please let me know what I need to do to fix this.

Answers

• Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 539Administrator, Moderator admin
    Strange.... need some more info..

Mini 3...latest iOS? Latest app update put out last week?

When/where did you get your XGPS160? From us? Recently?

Running saved background map imagery?
    App crashes out? Airplane mode but then synced to XGPS160 right? Is the Dual logo at the bottom left in LEADNAV? Have you tried rebooting iPad and or deleting LEADNAV and reinstalling?

Not common so need to get as much info as possible to figure out what's different or going wrong here.
  • MarcbeanMarcbean Posts: 5Member
    Yes on the latest iOS, I will double check the app update. The gps 160 was bought from amazon probably 6 months ago (wife bought for a gift for me)
    I do sync it after I turn on airplane mode. Yes the logo is on the bottom left.
    I think I am using the saved imagery, it won't load unless I save it if it is in airplane mode.
    I have not tried deleting and reinstalling.
    edited January 2017
    Yea this sounds like it's in the hardware side of things..either iPad has some issues or possibly Puck...the puck does not by chance have a serial number around 0012###. Hard to say how old it is off of Amazon as ours come straight from Dual and shelvedno longer than a month...however the twelve thousand lot had issues and have been recalled. Verify its number for me to cancel that out.

Also note we load out a lot of iPads...ever so often we will load out a dozen brand new iPads and have issues with one crashing or acting sluggish.. so we return those lemons and they become refurbished iPads for someone... so verify this iPad was bought new and not a refurbished or hand me down... also might be worth resetting and loading up iPad if it's acting up..

But these crash issues are typically outside of the software... how much hard drive space do you have? Have left? It's not maxed out is it? Struggling for storage?

Just some initial thoughts...
    The iPad was bought new. It only has about 2g of space left on it since it's only a 16g iPad. I have been thinking about getting one with more space.
    I have Velcro on my gps160 so the serial is covered up. I'll have to peel it off in a little bit and look at it.
    I hope I can figure something out since I love your app!
    Unfortunately the Velcro peeled off the serial number tag so I can't get the number.
    I tried looking in the dual app and it doesn't show it.
    Yea I'd say it's a hardware issue...unless something popped up in last weeks release but I highly doubt it. But still we will test a bit to be sure an keep our ears open.

16 gig is extremely small....and 2 gigs left is not a lot.

We recommend no less than 64 gig. As filling any hard drive more than half is not a good habit. You start to cram things up n make thing sluggish.

Also clear your saved maps once in awhile to make room for other trips
    I will get a bigger iPad and see if that works.
    Thanks!