Ask questions and learn!

In App Purchases

It seems that I can't make any In App purchases. I'm getting an error message stating that there is an error loading product details. Is there an issue?

Comments

• Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 641Administrator, Moderator admin
    This is an issue with Apple we brought up with them. They are working through it. We have discovered with all Data capable no contract iPad Air 1's and iPad minis that do not have an active cell service plan can't buy any in app purchases from any app. Not just ours..

Suggest you use the apple link given in the error pop up to contact Apple to resolve this on your device.

It seems that I can't make any In App purchases. I'm getting an error message stating that there is an error loading product details. Is there an issue?

Update !! If you are having any issues getting in app purchases contact support like it says in the popup. Apple will not release why it is doing this but once they get your apple ID they are able to do some tweaks to get you working again =)
  • BrianBottsBrianBotts Posts: 12Member
    Hi, Re in App purchases. Is 'Map Sub' a yearly subscription as well? I see that 'advance sub' is which is fine. Might be a dumb question but can I get a map of Ocotillo Wells with the basic?
    edited February 21
    All in app subscriptions are yearly. Primarily reason for yearly subscriptions for saving maps for offline use is because it is a paid service from our map providers. They allow you to borrow this imagery and we get billed every time you do.

So in this case the lower map subscription might be good for you under the lower cost to borrow that area year to year
  • BrianBottsBrianBotts Posts: 12Member

All in app subscriptions are yearly. Primarily reason for yearly subscriptions for saving maps for offline use is because it is a paid service from our map providers. They allow you to borrow this imagery and we get billed every time you do.

So in this case the lower map subscription might be good for you under the lower cost to borrow that area year to year

Hi,

I bought it on my phone but cannot see the purchase on my ipad?
    Not sure how this one got by me but you can read through our website FAQ on this. If the In App is not reflecting on another device sharing the same iTunes account, Easiest thing to do is backup any LEADNAV Collections on the device not showing the purchase, delete the App and Reinstall.
  • BladerunnerBladerunner Posts: 1Member
    I am new to Leadnav and not sure if this the forum for this question. I do a fair of off-roading with a group and. We are using 2 to three different gps. As you can imagine a lot of confusion ensues. I would like to download the map app but am unsure which one. Can anyone helps
    ?
    You can watch our LEADNAV Lvl1 online course videos on our training page to get a better understanding but generally if you’re on foot you will run the Advanced subscription and if in a vehicle the Pro pack for the ability to save n store larger areas of background map imagery.
  • aviracingaviracing Posts: 3Member
    Setting up a new set of IPADS for our race team and had the same issue as in these posts. You will need to allow some time for a new account set up with multiple IPADS.
    1st we found out that it is an iTunes issue. When calling support ask for a supervisor in the ITunes department. Sat on the phone for over 45 min just to get to the correct department. General support will not be able to help even-though they say they can. You will need to have the main apple ID and login account handy while going through this (will need access to the main apple id email). It would also be very helpful to have all of the apple id's within the family sharing plan activated on joined on their device (IPAd, Iphone, etc)
    It seems that the issue is when adding the in app purchases (pro pack) to a family account apple id it still "charges" the account even though it is actually sharing the app. Once this happens multiple times it freezes the account associated with the main apple id. Apple will have to unlock the main apple id and all family share id's in order to share this app and its subscriptions Hope that info helps.
    In app subscriptions on LEADNAV or any other application for that matter, do not share between family sharing. Only the core app purchase shares amongst family members. Subscriptions are for one iTunes account only as we attach this iTunes account to our outside map providers to allow that iTunes account to borrow offline map imagery. It is currently priced to allow one iTunes user the use of the imagery on your iPad, iPhone...etc, not throughout multiple family members as we get billed per your map usage. We will actually be monitoring this in the future as requested by our mapping partners to insure there is no over usage and to better price out for folks needing more imagery.

However, After dealing with Apples distribution issues for the past few years, we just released last week, our own control over in app subscriptions. You can now purchase in app subscriptions on our online store and actually get a 15% discount right now if you sign up to our newsletter. This bypasses Apple and is handled by our own system.

Policies are still the same and be sure to read them as this is meant for one iTunes account with Advanced subscription being for up to 3 devices and Pro for up to 5. We monitor this on our system.

For larger group licensing we offer custom enterprise options and contracts. For this you can contact us through our website.

Thank you