Ask questions and learn!

Help with file import

Im heading to the Cholla 250 in rocky point on Thurs and need a hand getting the file ready. I downloaded the Lowrence file provided from SADR https://racesadr.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/cho16.usr

I used your directions on how to convert the usr file to gpx with GPSBabel and was able to successfully import the file into my ipad. The issue im running into is converting to a route. The waypoints are there and the blue track line, but when i go to the tracks there are 36 of them listed. I started to go through one by one to convert to a route, but im not sure if doing that is right because it creates individual routes and doesnt add them all to a single one to "follow".

any help?

Comments

• Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 360Administrator, Moderator admin
    Taking a look at this organization and Cholla 250 event...This thing is extremely unorganized and outdated in the way they are issuing out their race file...Having 37 tracks for such a small course is a mess by itself but not handing out a GPX format file along with the USR format is a little behind the times..

I am trying to figure out what they have going on here by splicing things together but its like a puzzle!

Stay tuned....
    ShmUDE said:

Im heading to the Cholla 250 in rocky point on Thurs and need a hand getting the file ready. I downloaded the Lowrence file provided from SADR https://racesadr.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/cho16.usr

I used your directions on how to convert the usr file to gpx with GPSBabel and was able to successfully import the file into my ipad. The issue im running into is converting to a route. The waypoints are there and the blue track line, but when i go to the tracks there are 36 of them listed. I started to go through one by one to convert to a route, but im not sure if doing that is right because it creates individual routes and doesnt add them all to a single one to "follow".

any help?

Here ya go! Took me a few hours to sort through their mess... lot of useless breadcrumb tracks that did nothing.... But here you go. I split it into 2 separate Route Legs as to not interfere with each other... The overlapping sections could have cased an issue even though LEADNAV is designed to handle that.

So You will Run Leg 1 then Run Leg 2 at Pit #2

Pass it around and tell these Cholla guys to put me on pay roll! ha

forum.leadnavsystems.com/discussion/189/sadr-cholla-250/p1?new=1
  • ShmUDEShmUDE Posts: 3Member
    you are awesome! I'll make sure to show off the system to as many people as i can. This is our first race with SADR so we'll see how it goes.
    Just remember you can edit in some audio/visual warnings...stay right, turn left etc....
  • ShmUDEShmUDE Posts: 3Member
    just to follow up on this. We wrecked the race car tuning and never got to start the race or use the app during the race. I did use it in the chase truck all the way to mexico and really liked it. It made navigating around the town easy with the downloaded tiles.

Next race is King of the Hammers. Hope you guys put out another map this year for it.
    We are directly supporting the KOH along with our teams receiving direct support. We will have a file