Ask questions and learn!

Ipad Mini 2

goleee33goleee33 Posts: 5Member
How suitable is the iPad mini 2 handling this app? It is very affordable right now. This will not be for racing, simply recreational offroading.

Comments

• Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 360Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited November 2016
    Will do well for recreational use. The extra $100 for the cellular+wifi model is worth the internal GPS capability...wifi only does not have GPS positioning so you will be 100% slaved to the XGPS160 puck.
  • goleee33goleee33 Posts: 5Member
    Thanks Damian, I ended up getting the Ipad Mini 2 as a gift. . . I have the XGPS160 as well. Now for the mounting, I have the current Ramount X Grip suction cup that I had been using for LeadNav on my phone. Would I have to upgrade to the 3 suction cup mount for the iPad Mini, or will the single suction cup suffice with the Mini?
    I would go 3 suction cup to be sure... We actually don't even carry the single suction cup for the 1.5" ball that we use for our tablets (1" ball is for phones)

I know its a little overkill but I don't think a single will work well at all. Too much leverage on a single contact point... they do have 2 suction cup models... but we don't stock those currently either.

3 suction cup being what we use mostly for window mount with the 9.7" iPads...
  • goleee33goleee33 Posts: 5Member

I would go 3 suction cup to be sure... We actually don't even carry the single suction cup for the 1.5" ball that we use for our tablets (1" ball is for phones)

I know its a little overkill but I don't think a single will work well at all. Too much leverage on a single contact point... they do have 2 suction cup models... but we don't stock those currently either.

3 suction cup being what we use mostly for window mount with the 9.7" iPads...

Thanks for the update! I will take a look at it. Wish there was a way to hard mount it in my Chevy Colorado but nothing without some severe permanent modifications for this weekend warrior.
    Our chase rigs would work...

https://leadnavsystems.com/recommended-loadouts/

These are currently custom order per make and model, year vehicle. Not listed in the store yet but will be soon....2-3 week turn around typically
  • RorenceRorence Posts: 4Member
    This is a happy tour for me to read on this post. After reading the whole post, we can get solutions to deal with the trouble quickly and safely. Thanks for your nice sharing.