Ask questions and learn!

Various Suggestions

DarkEternalDarkEternal Posts: 2Member
First off I want to say the app is already great. I have been using a hand held Garmin GPS for years to build maps of the places I wheel and this has taken things to the next level. While the tracks were very accurate on the Garmin, a 3" tint dark screen was close to useless while actually wheeling. Using one of my old iPad minis mounted to my dash is amazing and readable in all situations.

With that said, after a few trips out in the last month I have some suggestions. I am not a racer, and a majority of my wheeling is done in various ORV parks. One of the primary purposes of the app for me is to see where I am on a map for navigation, often the trails are look like a pile of spaghetti and its easy to get turned around in new places. When using the app currently, a large portion of the screen is covered by the navigation views such as the waypoint related stuff and compass which I do not use. I know you can run in pin drop mode to hide this, but it would be awesome if you had settings to toggle views on and off individually in case I wanted some of the views.

Second, I would really like to be able to label different tracks different colors and display names for them. I generally use different colors for different difficulty trails on may garmin and it works well. That would be awesome to have, as well as labels so its easy to see what trail names are at a glance.

I really do enjoy the app and think its a great value and will happily continue to support you. I am an iOS developer myself and know how hard it is to run a profitable business with the race to the bottom of app pricing that has occurred. In fact, if you are open to it I would happily volunteer to add the features I mentioned myself into the code base for you (100% free of charge, I just really want the features!). I would have no issue signing an NDA and forking the code repo so your team could review everything and make the decision if you wanted to integrate the changes etc..

Anyways, just a few thoughts from a happy user!

Comments

• Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 609Administrator, Moderator admin
    Thank you for the input. We have a lot of things in the works keeping us very busy. Some of which you mentioned is on the way!
  • BigfootV7BigfootV7 Posts: 4Member
    Differentiating Lines:
    It would be nice to be able to touch the trail or route and see what the name is.
    OR.. Placing the cross-hairs over then line could temporarily display the name. If a trail or route is giving you a problem, you need to know what to target for editing.

Color Options on Routes /Trails. Ex. Outbound vs. Inbound race course.

Batch Edit:
    Markers - it would be nice to batch edit by Name (ex. Danger, RM).
    Sometimes you want to change the symbol or color.
    This can be done in Garmin Bascamp or other programs, but maintaining the integrity of the file is not guaranteed. When the markers are imported to LN (LeadNav) they display as Black diamonds (standard), scrubbed of any previous symbol you had in Garmin or Lowrance.
    Editing 1 by 1 in LN is time consuming.

Markers:
    Would it be possible to get the Various Turns/Danger/Stop symbols (now only in Audio Waypoints) shared into Marker Set?

• BigfootV7BigfootV7 Posts: 4Member
    Search Features: Search for Markers, routes, trails.

Quick Scroll in Markers. When you get a ton of markers there needs to be a way to quick scroll up or down. Or a search feature so you can go to the exact one you are looking for.

Batch Delete: It would be nice to have a batch delete. I imported a bunch of Markers for a specific review and would like to delete specific names (vcp from old races).

BigfootV7 said:

Differentiating Lines:
    It would be nice to be able to touch the trail or route and see what the name is.
    OR.. Placing the cross-hairs over then line could temporarily display the name. If a trail or route is giving you a problem, you need to know what to target for editing.

Color Options on Routes /Trails. Ex. Outbound vs. Inbound race course.

Batch Edit:
    Markers - it would be nice to batch edit by Name (ex. Danger, RM).
    Sometimes you want to change the symbol or color.
    This can be done in Garmin Bascamp or other programs, but maintaining the integrity of the file is not guaranteed. When the markers are imported to LN (LeadNav) they display as Black diamonds (standard), scrubbed of any previous symbol you had in Garmin or Lowrance.
    Editing 1 by 1 in LN is time consuming.

Markers:
    Would it be possible to get the Various Turns/Danger/Stop symbols (now only in Audio Waypoints) shared into Marker Set?

Thanks for the feedback. A few of these things are on the list to do already and a few will be covered by new features to come.

Touch trail can be done and I think this will be a good one to add.

Colors are on their way to assist primarily in area mapping. However the primary goal that were currently working on is for individuals to go out and map events or trail system...then submit their Collection to us to then process into a colored, detailed and labeled background Trail or Event map. This will run as an Overlay and this way you can use it to build future trips on top of in a new Collection.

Importing existing Lowrance, Google or Garmin Trail files get cluttered into your own work...

Markers...we are definitely working on batching Markers for easier sharing and editing...However back tracking in technology to work with older tech like Garmin and Lawrence is not high on the ToDo.

We split Markers from Waypoints. Markers are Points of Interests...Hotel, Linkup point, Parking lot, Scenic Lookout....

Waypoints are part of a Route...Left Turn, Stay Right....

Part of keeping these things organized is not mixing the two like a typical Garmin or Lawrence unit. We don't have plans to mix Waypoint guidance into the Markers at this time... However PreRunner is going to go through some major updates soon to make it better for marking out on the fly.
    BigfootV7 said:

Search Features: Search for Markers, routes, trails.

Quick Scroll in Markers. When you get a ton of markers there needs to be a way to quick scroll up or down. Or a search feature so you can go to the exact one you are looking for.

Batch Delete: It would be nice to have a batch delete. I imported a bunch of Markers for a specific review and would like to delete specific names (vcp from old races).

Definitely on these.... Markers will be getting the "Select All" Select these functionality. Also Export will contain the Names of Marker for external Mapping on other software

Thank you for the feedback!
    Damian
  • BajadesBajades Posts: 6Member
    Have there been any updates in the last year? I'm still waiting to be able to zoom further when using MB tiles.
    Bajades said:

Have there been any updates in the last year? I'm still waiting to be able to zoom further when using MB tiles.

Zoom further when using mbtiles? You can zoom in currently as far as the mbtile was built/created...if you built or pulled the mbtile at 18 zoom you will get 18 zoom in LEADNAV...if you built it in 21 zoom you will get 21...this is up to you or the creator of the mbtile

New update coming in the next few weeks. Our major push and development over the past few months has been in preparation for a big capability release in the near future...some groundbreaking/big picture things in the works...