Ask questions and learn!

App hangs up while saving along route..

Sometimes the app hangs up and gets stuck trying to save along route. I have a 64gb Ipad that is only for leadnav.. I turn off screen time out. I keep charger turned on and auto rotate off. Im on a good wifi. But still often it locks up. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Damian_offthegridDamian_offthegrid Posts: 609Administrator, Moderator admin
    It will and does lockup frequently while trying to save along an entire route like the Baja 1000. You are maxing out the processing power while doing this. Pulling down map imagery from another companies server while tiling it into your device.

Depends on your data speed, their current traffic on the system and how old your iPad is.

Even under best conditions it will still hang up occasionally or even crash because you are pushing the limits of something even our fastest computers struggle with.

Just have to monitor it..and when it does freeze click off to the side to stop it, and click back on the blue tile label to continue downloading. It will pick up where it left off.

Continue till it hits 100%.
  • BajaBryanBajaBryan Posts: 7Member
    Cool thanks.. I was just deleting and starting all over. I will try what you say.